1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to feel more comfortable with PDA?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by earlgrey, Jul 26, 2014.

1. earlgrey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Since I started dating my girlfriend, we've only been in public a few times (we generally just go to one of our houses). When we're alone or with friends we have no problem holding hands/touching/kissing/etc. But in public I feel so paranoid that people will stare or make nasty comments, or that we'll see someone we know. Other than casual touches (holding hands for a few seconds at a time, touching her hip or arm, resting my head on her shoulder quickly, etc.), I don't feel comfortable showing my affection for her in public. Does anyone have any tips on becoming more comfortable with PDA? And how do you feel about holding hands/kissing :kiss: your partner in public?

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was terrified of this at first, especially living in Kentucky. I started by just putting my arm around him or putting my hand on his shoulder and seeing how it felt and if anyone said anything. The answer was: it felt great, I got comfortable, and nobody said a word.

Gradually I've become more comfortable holding his hand and giving him a quick peck on the lips (I'm anti-public making out in general). So far, nobody has said anything or given us nasty looks, which makes me so happy.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was with my ex-girlfriend I was reluctant to kiss her in public, but after a while I no longer cared about what other people thought. I mean, I am not a huge fan of PDA, but I'd kiss her whenever I would leave to go home after from spending the day with her.

There were also times when we'd hang out at the hookah bar and give each other quick little pecks. But honestly, I do not think anyone was paying attention to us at all. So, I think you should go ahead and show your girl some affection in public especially, if you're greeting her and or departing.

Also, I think the more you do it, the less you will even think about it. It will become so normal that you will soon stop caring about what other people will think. And if someone were to make rude remarks, I'd speak up for myself because you're not doing anything illegal, so they have no right to say anything.

#3 pinklov3ly, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014