Meet the Crush, but what should I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Holz, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Holz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi!

At the beginning of this semester I met this guy in one lecture at the university. Actually at first I didn't get so much feeling about him. Everything seemed to be totally normal. And we have only this same lecture, because we actually study different majors. He just choose this lecture as one part of his minor. But somehow I am attracted to him with time. And sometimes I kept staring at his face in the lecture... He just sat before me everyday and sometimes he just looked back at me and it happened often. And sometimes when he didn't come, I can not just concentrate... I am pretty sure I got a big crush on this guy but I cannot figure why. Sounds a little bit stupid, doesn't it?

Then one morning, I was on my way to the lecture hall and he was in front of me. At a corner he just looked back and saw me. Then he kept going on, but suddenly he just turned back AGAIN and stared at me really like 2 or 3 seconds and then kept walking.

And I decided to make my move getting closer to him and tried to talk with him when we got a pause in the lecture, he is just somehow quite but interesting. But we haven't talked too much, because we were always busy and after the lecture we must go to other different lectures. But I felt always good when I talked to him, even it was just some short conversations. But the funny thing is that, we don't know the name of each other. Maybe because we didn't habe too much time to talk. And 2 weeks ago, after the lecture I just said goodbye to him as usual and go to my physik lecture. But then I got his friend request on Facebook! The interest thing is that we don't share any common friends oder same Facebook group etc and my name is actually very very hard to spell. He was always alone in the lecture or just with some pals from his major in the lecture. It should be impossible for himself to figure out my name and spell it correctly on Facebook without extra searching or asking someone else for my name. And I didn't have anything with my name... And it is also really rare for me to add someone on Facebook just because I have just met someone in a lecture and have chatted with for 3 or 4 times. Without knowing the name. I mean without the name I cannot even find him!

But hier is the another thing on his Facebook. On his info page he just selected "interested in women". It makes me so confused and I really didn't know what should I do. Should I tell him my feeling some day or just leave it as it is now. And I am not out of closet completely, so he doesn't know that I am gay.

Hope somebody can help me out and maybe give me some advice. And sorry for my bad English. :wink:

Many thanks!:icon_wink

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While you may think he's interested because he hunted you down on Facebook and looked at you a couple of times, that's not necessarily indicative that he's gay. He may just be a friendly guy who thought you wanted to be friends.

If his Facebook profile says that he's interested in women, I would assume he is until you've been told otherwise.

It sounds to me like you're doing something that we all have done once or twice in our life - read a little bit too much into someone's actions.

If you want to pursue any sort of friendship or relationship with him, keep talking with him and learn more about him. He may end up being gay and just hiding it on Facebook, but for now, I wouldn't make any advances.