1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my friend sexting me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wilzyax, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Wilzyax

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My best friend is a little homophobic and always get upset whenever I call him gay or makes any gay remarks toward him. He is very touchy feely with me, and our form of physical contact are just one of my many reasons to questioning his sexuality. But just a few days ago a recived a picture from him on snapchat that really shocked me. He had sent me a picture of his dick (flaccid, sorry if I am too explicite). We haven't talked about the picture ever since and all our texts afterwards has been like usual. The problem is I do not know how to act the next time I see him... Indeed I like him, but this picture really disturbs me because he claime that he's straight all the time. So I am kind of scared to mention the picture, because I don't know what to say. The truth is that I like him, and don't mind getting snaps like that, but I can't tell him that.....
    So what should I say or do?
    And why did he sent that picture to me?

2. Apropos

Maybe he's into you? Maybe he's messing with you. I would maybe flirt back. That is my advice and it will reveal the nature of the comments while avoiding a direct confrontation that he might shy away from.

3. Wilzyax

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks
    I feel like he has trusted me enough to send me the picture, so if he is into me, wouldn't it maybe make him mad if I didn't acknowledge the picture? Or am I just overthinking?
    I do not want to confront him, but still I want to hear from him why he sent that picture....

4. Sabot Kitty

Did he send any message with the picture? If he acted like it didn't happen, maybe it was an accident?

5. Wilzyax

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No text, but I do not think it was an accident because he asked me to check my snapchat. After that we didn't spoke of it..... Really confusing

6. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If he's sending you nude pictures, there are two likely options: 1) he does have some feelings for you and that is his way of showing it; 2) he's messing with you and trying to get your reaction. If he's really your friend, I doubt it would be a malicious joke. And if he feels the need to repeatedly claim that he's straight, rather than just letting people assume that he is, people are more likely to think he's not, and it's quite possible that he's hiding something. Don't get your hopes up, though, because the second option is always a possibility, although unlikely. I would say that you should sit down and have a serious conversation with him about the picture and see if you can figure out his intentions behind it. I don't think it's something that should be left alone, though, because that is something that could be detrimental.

Hope this helps! Feel free to message me if you want to talk more.

7. I'd say he's interested in you. Most of the boys I know that do this are presumed to be gay by everyone else.

However, there is this really homophobic/transphobic/generally not nice guy who does the same thing with his friends. I'm pretty sure he's a closeted bisexual who just can't handle his sexuality, though.