1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I get my ex boyfriend back?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by edy, Jul 28, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Its be en 4 years ever since we broke up. He never talk to me again because he's angry. I bought him a avalentines day present and he said he liked it but it seems like you never forgave me

I don't speak to him since 2012 I need to be in a long time now should I try that again? Should I go to his place or the place he studies? Should I send him an emai? He usually ignores emails though

Should I call him? the last time I did it did in work

I know he doesn't like me anymore but I miss him

2. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you miss him? Or the person he used to be when you were in a relationship?

If he didn't bite when you made the effort, you don't want to be put in that situation again, feeling sucky and upset about it.

Instead of going to his, could you go to a friend and explain, then maybe work on getting over him. I know how it feels to be a little attached, but if it didn't work and he doesn't want to talk I would rather tell you to move on then tell you to keep trying and get hurt.

You deserve someone who returns those favours, and calls you, and buys you valentines stuff too y'know.

I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear.

3. Perseus

If it has been 4 years ago, I really agree with Brodie, because you deserve better. You deserve to be loved by someone better. I know it'll be tough, but it doesn't look like he'll likely be back with you again. I mean 4 years is a very long time.

If you do have friends that you feel like you can trust, please talk to them. If you don't, feel free to talk to me. And also, trying finding a hobby that will distract you... a sport? try theatre? Or somewhere else that you might meet new people/friends?

Truth hurts... but sometimes it'll just hurt more if you don't accept it. So I advise you to stay strong and take care of yourself :slight_smile:

4. Candace

He has contacted you back in.four.years. That should tell you something. Find someone who will love you and beg to be with you, including contacting you back. Why would you go back to him and risk being hurt again? There's no need to love him anymore since he obviously hasn't returned any favor whatsoever. I strongly suggest that you move on and find someone better. Like the gentleman above me stated, the truth hurts, but you have to move on and be the bigger man in this situation. He doesn't need you and you don't need him either.

5. Hexagon

Don't. You need to move on. It sucks, but any attempts to restart this relationship will end badly.

6. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    But what if we see each other on the street should I just ignore him or should I approach him

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The best way to get an ex back is to start dating someone else and move on ; Works every time .:grin:
    But why do you want your ex back ?:confused:

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Usually when people break up, it's for a reason. Very, very rarely does getting back together with an ex ever lead to something positive. Your best bet is to move on. If you see him on the street, treat him as you would any friend you were once close with but not don't see very often... maybe wave and say hi, and that's about it.

If you're still holding on after 4 years you may need to do some self-work to let go of him and be able to move on in your life.

9. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to ignore him, just don't get too involved so as to protect yourself from hurt. While you are feeling like this I would just steer clear, so you can move on well without him as a distraction.

I promise, when you move on and find someone worth it, you will look at this thread and laugh and thank yourself for not going back there

10. tulipinacup

Four years is a very long time. I know how it feels like when you want to get back to an ex-lover but the thing is, there's a reason why you guys broke up and you have to realise the relationship you guys had is already left in the past, sealed, buried, gone.

I think the only way for you guys to talk again is start by getting to know him again. Try making friends with him because you are back to square one. It seems like he has moved on from you and it's time that you do. If you want to be friends with him again for the purpose of getting him back, I assure you that it's not going to work out.