1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a BIG decision

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayNurse95, Jul 28, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, the girl I had a crush on likes me and we are dating now. But I have a few questions…
    First, I do have a job and all that, and I'm hoping to visit her. Im thinking around the end of September, the only problem is is that I'll be in school (collage). How do I handle this?
    Second, she seems like the perfect one for me and we have fallen for each other head over heels. I'm thinking or popping the question sometime. How should I do it?
    Finally, how do I bring it up to my family?
    Thanks!

2. WearyWanderer

Congrats on finding someone you really connect with! :grin:
    For your first question, maybe you could try coordinating with her? Maybe just leave a window of time, like a weekend or something, to go and see her. Work out a date that would work best for both of you.
    For the second question, I think you might want to wait on that a little bit. How long have you been going out? Even if you feel like she's the one, it's usually a good idea to wait until you are both comfortable and have free time. With college, that might be difficult for you. But hey, it's your choice.
    You will have to tell your parents sometime, and in my mind it would be best to get it over with and do it sooner rather than later. They already know you're lesbian, right? Just say you're seeing a girl. They might be a little uncomfortable with it at first, but they will get used to it eventually. Remember, this is YOUR life, and don't let them get in the way of your happiness. Just tell them what they need to know.
    Hope this was helpful. Luck! :slight_smile:

3. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm definitely a lesbian! MY gal loves the relationship and she loves me. She lives a ways away, but I do have the money to visit her. Though, my parents hate the idea and the relationship. I do have a strong feeling about her…