1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New school

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by idream, Jul 29, 2014.

1. idream

idream Guest

So I guess this has to do with friends and relationships? Um, well, I'm starting at a new school for junior year next week and I went in today for orientation and I remembered why I hate school...the people. I feel so lonely and want friends and a girlfriend but I have such a hard time with people...any social butterflies have advice for me?

2. Klutz

Smile. And say "hi" to people. Even if you are too shy to approach people and start a conversation, try to be approachable. Keep an eye out for other shy people. Try to get to class early and sit in the middle of the room. That way, people will fill in around you, and it is likely they will start the introductions. Don't hide in a book or your phone. Be nice. Even if someone is being catty or complaining, take the high road and people are more likely to want to know you.

It must be rough changing schools, especially when you are so close to being done. It is a new start, though. Who do you want to be? What can you do to become that person? Best of luck and tell us how it goes!

3. idream

idream Guest

Thank you:slight_smile: