1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My best friend loves me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Teito, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Teito

My best friend loves me. He has told me this, but I have told him that I do not think of him in that way. For me, it is making our friendship complicated and hard. I am always worried about hurting him or upsetting him. It is my 21st birthday soon and I would love to go out and celebrate with him, experience a busy gay club, and just have a good time, but I can't. I will get drunk, flirt with people, he will get upset, but pretend he isn't even though he is fighting back the tears. Night ruined for both of us. It has happened before and I can't describe how bad and guilty I felt.

He has bought and done so much for me, and I know that I will never be able to repay him. I feel like such a bitch for feeling like this, but our friendship is starting to annoy me because of his feelings for me. He is so sensitive when it comes to me. I would say something to him, he will delve into it, find a negative meaning that doesn't exist and get upset over it. The other day, I was suppose to say unfixable, but I made a typo and it said unfuxable. He thought it was me telling him that he was unfuckable, he genuinely got upset over it, and I had to clarify myself. Things like this happens quite often and it happened again today.

When he is with me, he has no opinion. He does what I want to do even if he doesn't want to. He puts me on a pedestal and he thinks that I am better than everyone else when I'm not. He needs to try and move on from me, and realise that there are other people out there. Basically he needs to cut the leash. I'm not sure whether I should tell him this and risk upsetting him and damaging our friendship. He is such a nice guy and a good friend. Am I a bad person for feeling like this?

2. Klutz

Are you a bad person for not being attracted to another person? No. I'm sorry to hear of your situation, because it really sucks. But, you are not a bad person. You can't will yourself to love someone else.

Are you a bad person for not liking how your friendship is going? Again, no. You seem to be walking on ice around him, trying not to hurt him. Your friendship changed. I don't know what to say to help, but you aren't a bad person. Your emotions are just as valid and important as his. (*hug*)