1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I in this situation?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ShadowJ, Jul 30, 2014.

1. ShadowJ

The land of unpredictable weather- UK of course ;)
    So, I posted a thread a while ago about one of my bi friends, who had became really flirty with me, particularly over facebook (here's the thread http://emptyclosets.com/forum/family-friends-relationships/138773-how-approach-his-flirting.html). He recently broke up with his girlfriend, they just never got on at all and both ended up hating each other. Basically, their relationship was all over the place.

So, I have these 'deep' conversations with him on fb, where we send paragraphs about our problems etc. to each other basically. He's one of those people who I can talk to anything about. Then, something surprising happened, he told me he liked me ^.^ I wondered whether I was misinterpreting the signs and signals, but clearly I wasn't. He said he has liked me for months, but didn't want to say anything.

However, he is apparently 'torn' between me and one of his more recent friends. He said he's confused by the whole situation and doesn't know what to do. He also said that he would maybe like to just stay as friends, because he values me too much to change anything between us and could never lose me. Awhhh (&&&). He also said to one of my friends that know, that he thinks 'school would ruin it', but as she said, it doesn't have to be all open and public. I think he has the misconception of that, when in fact people can continue to be great friends within their friendship circle, but also have their own little moments outside of school, and have that extra closeness that BOTH PARTIES DESIRE :***::eusa_doh:

But I don't know. I'm in a sticky situation, because we both like each other, but everything's just went into standstill. I can kinda understand, because his gf was a total b*tch and really made an impact on him, but still. I'm the impatient type who would like to take things where they can go if possible, and a relationship certainly is :slight_smile: Advise please? I'm in need of help :help:

2. ShadowJ

The land of unpredictable weather- UK of course ;)
    Anyone? :c

3. Kabuki

I think the only advice I could give is to let him know that even in something were to happen between you two, things at school can be maintain the same. I mean, if he doesn't want to make it something public, then a heart to heart talk between you two can help to understand where it might go and how to handle it. I don't really have much to say than that.

Congrats by the way, it's always nice to know that we are liked by someone, even more so, when the person is someone you like as well. If you wish to pursue a relationship with him then like I said above, let him know your stance and if he is okay with them. It might work out if you give it a try. :grin: