1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They Don't Know A Thing About Me/Is She Right?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ZenMusic, Jul 31, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

They've proved that several times. My Dad has always had a problem with me being quiet and constantly alludes to "shy" people (Which I'm not anymore, I just don't talk much around people I don't know)being weak. He also tells me when I was 7 , this psychiatrist said I exhibited traits similiar to one who is on the autistic spectrum. He then stands there and said I'm gonna fall flat on my face in later life, even though I can be very loud and I make eye contact with people and will talk to them. I am the complete opposite to my dad, so you can probably guess what he is. I'm so sick of him ramming this down my throat everytime I do one little thing wrong socially. He also seems to think people will think I'm arrogant or cold if I don't talk much.

So I'm not aloud to talk to my brother because he dislikes my Dad and he told me to cut my Dad off if he can't accept my sexuality, and my Mum was 'You aren't aloud to talk to him because he's older and he shouldn't be telling his younger brother that" does she have.a point?

2. RobinHood

RobinHood Guest

Hello. I'm glad you're talking here. That means you care about yourself and that's a great thing. You should feel proud about that. :slight_smile:

I do not see a problem with being shy (I'm too) or being autistic for that matter. Those are normal things and people should be treated equally no matter what. So yeah, it seems to me your dad is unsupportive and doesn't understand you. I think you shouldn't bother about what he or anyone thinks about you. You don't have to prove yourself to anyone (been there with my parents). If you work hard enough on your grades and live your life, they will eventually appreciate you for who you are. Try to ignore what they say and try to stay focused on the things you like to do (I love reading and there were times I coudn't focus because my parents were too loud and annoying). You are not arrogant if you don't talk much, do not others define who you are.

Hmm maybe she has some point but it's definitely an extreme move for her to make. You should be able to talk with your brother about other things. He seems very supportive and it's a great thing (I'm an only child so I admire you). Having a brother and not being able to talk to him - I think it's absurd and sad.

Like I said, always be yourself. Do not let others define you. You are an amazing human being. I wish you all the best on your journey. If you have any questions, need an advice or just want to chat, feel free to post on my wall. :slight_smile:

#2 RobinHood, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  3. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a pretty shy person myself until I get to know ya. :wink:
    Also I'm kinda antisocial I guess is the word. I hate social gatherings and family get togethers. I feel so many people I know are fake and two faced I would rather just not make the effort to talk to people like that; it annoys me and stresses me out. Don't let anyone define you but you. Don't let anyone label you but you. You are who you are. You know and no one else. Embrace whatever qualities you have, and if there are any qualities you wanna work on, work on them but only if it is your choice. Do not let others make you feel bad about yourself. Everyone has flaws. No one is perfect. You are just fine the way you are, honey. And as far as your mom not allowing you to talk to your brother, I think she is wrong for doing that....but what can you do? I wish I could be more helpfull there.