1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning male who feels rather cursed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CursedCipher, Jul 31, 2014.

1. CursedCipher

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey guys and gals,
    Honestly, i dont know why im here and i think i chose the right section for my predicament. I'm a male who is strictly attracted to androgynous, shorthaired females. When i was a child, i had a crush on a girl in softball and who played football with the boys in elementary. Ofcourse she came out later in life, then again she had two mothers. I had my first relationship when i was about 16 with my friend's sister's friend, Amy. Amy was a 14 year old tomboy and i was shocked she wasn't gay (she came out as bi later), we became really close and made out once but i never saw her again. She lived far, had strict parents and in the time we were "together" she kissed another boy and I figured that ment it was over. She ended up marrying this military guy but before that said she waited for me for 3 years. Don't worry i regret the hell out of it. My "first love", was this girl who lived across from me, what attracted me to her was her toughness and she was a wrestler back in her hometown. I was with a ftm for a short period but he was too far and his sister didnt want me to see him. This has been my pattern through life, I dont want to say i hate lesbians but whenever i see an androgynous female, I get super depressed. I mean theres a chance that person is not strictly gay but maybe bi/pan but I've been hit with the L word so many times by these types of females I dont even bother trying to communicate interest. I dont even befriend lesbians because i become emotionally attracted to them and become a disposable friend. Im in a treatment program because of this "Curse", I found it was easier just to use drugs and keep my mind off the possibility of 'that' kind of love. Now though in this program, i cant use and that depression is getting to me a lot more, even when I go in to take a urine drop and see an androgynous female, I keep my head down and pretend theyre not there. I swim through facebook and social media sites and cross my fingers everytime I see an androgynous girl's profile, praying she's bi. I may have found a handful out of HUNDREDS of profiles but most of them lean towards wanting women, studs, or had a traumatizing relationship with a male, sexually abusive father, etc. Its just an uphill battle.

What should i do guys? Ive been hurting myself for a while over this and really feel like I was born in the generation. Im 22 now and that period when a girl is still unsure of their orientation is over for me, I think my type of female (straight/bi/pan shorthaired, androgynous girl, maybe even ftms who are bi/pan) is a dinosaur and extinct.

2. RobinHood

RobinHood Guest

Hello. You have an interesting story. You should feel proud of yourself for seeking advice. This is a situation where you have to choose between this pattern and yourself. Or you can keep both, it's your decision. I can tell you, you should be the most important person to yourself. You should be kind to yourself. You just have to let go sometimes. People come and go, that's the way it is. It's not your fault and you shouldn't let those situations change who you are. I'm sure there's a right person for you, you just have to be patient. In the meantime, try doing things you enjoy and do not let depression get you. I can relate with you to the point of depression, you could find some activities that can ease your brain and through them you could find peace.

The most important thing is that you always be yourself. No one can tell you who you are except yourself.

I wish you all the best with defining yourself (or not, it's your choice). Be strong and take care. :slight_smile: