1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating in College

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FtMart, Aug 1, 2014.

1. FtMart

I want to start dating my first gf in college. But what do I look for when knowing if she's attracted to trans people or a girl since I more than likely will be going to college as a girl and she'd probably meet my family who can't accept my trans status.

2. You're probably going to want to find someone who is attracted to you. The you that you are and not the "you" that you're showing to your family. If that makes any sense!

I would see about getting involved with the LGBT community on campus and also get into doing other things that you're interested in and go from there! You'll meet a ton of people that way and everyone has friends that they know and it will be super easy to make a bunch of friends and meet people you might want to date.

3. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seconding the above! You want someone who's attracted to you - ALL of you.

If you're not medically transitioning, or at least not medically transitioning yet, you may want to find a girl who is attracted to female bodies, or not care much about secondary sex characteristics either way! There are a lot more queer/pan/good with whatever girls out there than you might think. Best way to find them is to be open and honest about who you are and what you're looking for. Join lgbt groups and clubs, for sure, but don't rule out girls who are identifying as straight. It's totally possible to find a girl who is only attracted to men but will still be attracted to your body exactly as it is!