1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out to a Jehovah's Witness

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RowanMarvel888, Aug 1, 2014.

1. RowanMarvel888

Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, so I have this friend who is a very serious Jehovah's Witness. I've come out as a lesbian to all my friends except her, manly because I have no idea how she would react. I know she's a good friend, but she might stop hanging out with me because my sexual orientation is against her religion. I've already made her angry because I lent her a fantasy book with magical practices in it, which she sees as sinful. I'm having a tough time because I trust her and I don't want to lie to her, but I also don't want to loose her.

2. RobinHood

RobinHood Guest

I had a similar situation with my friend who is a believer so I'm going to tell you what I think. It's great that you've come out to your friends, you should be very proud because that's a brave thing to do. Although, you said that you don't want to lie to her. I don't see you as a liar here. She didn't ask you anything. I think you could hide it from her, that's not lying. And of course you would do it because you care about your friendship. Maybe you could tell her, but then you should be prepared to lose her. I don't want to sound pessimistic but are you ready for that? Don't pressure yourself into something you're not obliged to do. Outing should be spontaneous and facilitating, in the right time and place. I wish you all the best, be strong and wait for the right moment. :slight_smile:

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a jehova witness friend who I guess is not as serious as your friend is (he doesn't mind lesbians he's come across, he loves fantasy stuff ect.) I didn't come out to him as gay because I don't know if he'd stay a friend to me, and I don't want to tell him if I'm going to lose him anyway. I simply wouldn't tell her because if she does take her religion seriously, she might not be friends with you after.