1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobic Choir Teacher

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RowanMarvel888, Aug 1, 2014.

1. RowanMarvel888

Out Status:
    Some people
    Last Year I found out that my Mormon choir teacher is majorly homophobic, as is most of the Choir. I found this out when we where on a trip to a music festival and amusement park. In the car the girls in front of me began to talk about how they had seen a bunch of lesbian couples at The Park the year before. One girl told her story,
    "In line this one girl started hitting on me, she even touched my hair!"
    The rest of the car gasped at the horror of the situation.
    "Oh No!"
    "I feel so bad for you!" cried the car
    I immediately protested,
    "Just because one girl hit on you dosnt mean that all lesbians are in to you, or will touch you without permission! You shouldn't make assumptions like that!"
    The whole car turned and looked at me in horror. Our teacher glanced at me in the mirror, I honestly expected her to come to my aid, instead she turned casually to the driver.
    "Can you believe, that they are ruining kids shows by showing gay couples on TV."
    "I know its disgusting, trying to normalize sinful behavior."
    My jaw dropped, i felt sick all the sudden that the person I had trusted would say something like that, IN A CAR FULL OF STUDENTS!!!!!!!!
    Its particularly disturbing because multiple kids in her choirs are gay and bi, so for her to say that is like betraying her students.
    I want some advise as to whether or not I should be in choir next year after this, keep in mind I want to quit for other reasons as well such as time, I don't enjoy it very much, and the uniforms for the girls are very feminine. Can I get some feed back.

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don't enjoy it and hate the uniforms, don't go.

Like you said, it's a very toxic environment for students. Controversial topics are just... a very dangerous thing to bring up, and for her to say homosexuality "ruins" kids is just... awful.

3. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yes i think you should quit if you dont enjoy it, but wow thats surprising that shes homophobic when so of her students are gay and bi