1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Gotta Work On This

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ZenMusic, Aug 1, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

So I've just had a two hour long argument with Dad Mum and my Sister, and my Sister said that It was my fault for telling Mum and that if I couldn't deal with the pressure, she probably couldn't either, and then she asked why do you think people care if you're gay. And that there was nothing I could offer her , Mum or Dad as I am a child. Is she right in thinking I put too much pressure on my Mum?

2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kids always put pressure on their parents. If it wasn't the gay topic it would be something else. What's really important is you recognize this and want to consider doing something about it. You don't have to give in. Buy her some flowers, tell her you love her, and agree to disagree.

3. ZenMusic

I just wanted to know if my coming out was wrong, and that I shouldn't feel angry at my Mum for telling Dad because of that pressure?

4. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your choice about coming out. I would never say you were wrong about that. You have the right to be angry about her not keeping your trust but try and look at this from her perspective. You've had time to think about your orientation a lot but this is all a shock to her so maybe you should give her a break this one time.

5. mangotree

Most straight people just don't get what being closeted does to a person. They find it almost impossible to empathise sometimes.

You're very brave for coming out at such a young age. It sounds like your grown ups need to do some growing up.

Just my personal opinion.

Peace! (*hug*)

6. ZenMusic

I came out to her.a year and a half ago.

7. ZenMusic

And that if I was ready to let Mum know, I should be able to let Dad know too, even though he's deeply homophobic.