1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm kind of lonely

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Arrow Ace, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Arrow Ace

As the title says, I'm kinda lonely in day to day life. My sister has a group of friends who she hangs around with and while I don't get jealous, I do feel really left out.
    I am used to hanging out with her but then she got new friends who I have no common interests with and so now we(my sister and I) don't hang out all that much. I've never been one for big friendship groups, just close friendships with a small group of people.

My old friendship group has 'disbanded' with some people going to new friendship groups and me and three other friends sticking together. I'm only close with one of these friends. I really want to make new friends that aren't from school. I'm unsure how to though. Does anyone have any ideas?

I've thought about joining a lgbtqia group but I'm not too sure I would be well received? I'm also not sure how I would ask my mum if I could join one. She's perfectly fine with whatever my orientation is but I'm still embarrassed to ask. I'm also afraid my sister would want to come along and I don't want that.

Thank-you for any input c:

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    do you have any interests, video games music?

3. Arrow Ace

Not really. My interests are all over the place, though I have started to get into marvel superheros and Welcome to Night Vale. I don't have a specific music interest. I'm pretty interested in learning Australian sign language.

4. mangotree

Hey Arrow,

How old are you? are you old enough to get a job and make some friends that way?

Have you thought of volunteering? or LGBT sports groups/teams?
    There seems to be quite a few opportunities around Brisbane (if you're near there).
    There's some QLD information and support lines that you can call to get information about other groups you can join. I'm not sure if I can tell you their names here though as that might count as advertising.

Or even just look at sports teams in general, I think there's websites around that - if you want to start a team sport - you can register and they'll put you with a local team that's looking for extra players.

I guess it just depends on what your interests are.

-Edit-
    Just saw your reply to the other poster.
    Auslan is an awesome language to learn, do you live near Brisbane? there's a couple of places that have classes.

Classes outside of school is a great way to make new friends!

Peace! (*hug*)

#4 mangotree, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  5. Arrow Ace

Yup, I live near Brisbane! I'm 14, but I have a lot of trouble coping with school work as is, so a job is out of the question for the moment. I'm thinking of asking my mum is I could go to a lgbtqia+ get together type thing that one of the groups has in the city, I'm just not sure how...
    Thank-you for your suggestions!

6. mangotree

Definitely look into the Auslan (Australian Sign Language) classes as well.
    It's a very useful language to know.

7. Arrow Ace

My mum taught me how to sign the alphabet today. She and my father used it at their old jobs sometimes. It's fun because now I have something to do with my hands(usually I end up picking at my skin or something similar, which isn't good) and I can communicate with my mum without my sister listening in. Even if it is one word communication because it take a while to spell things out.

8. Marcy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Definitely keep up the sign language. I've been learning American Sign Language for a while now and it really is a great way to meet people, especially if you go to conventions and stuff.