1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I reading too into this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by orange5, Aug 2, 2014.

1. orange5

I was recently at a gathering, and I was very drunk. My straight friend who was less drunk than me was sitting next to me and I asked if he would do me a favor. He said “I’ll do it only if you give me a bj.” other people were around also. I said no at first but then I questioned and I went back to saying no. He was like “you said maybe!” teasing to people around me. He’s mentioned bj’s before in conversations with girls that he’s later hooked up with.

After this, I sat next to him and I would periodically put my hand on his shoulder for a little while and rest my head on the same shoulder. He didn’t move away at all and didn’t say anything at all about it.

Nothing has been said about any of this today. We aren’t extremely close friends, but we appreciate each other’s friendship and let each other know this.

It’s not that I'm pursuing him at all, I’m just wondering if something’s up.

2. mangotree

He just sounds like a horny young man who wants someone (anyone) to get him off.
    He didn't say anything about returning the favour did he?

3. orange5

no. I was too drunk. We're not close enough to do anything. A few people were around and he would never do anything around anyone. We just have always gotten along very well.

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i think he just sounds horny and drunk, you shouldnt read to much into it

5. orange5

he was barely drunk. but he was obviously turned on by me? I'm just wondering if anything could ever happen because he talks about oral with girls that he's into and he only said this to me when I was beyond drunk.

6. esc1010

A good reason to never be drunk, can't control what you will do next.

7. mangotree

He still seems like he's a horny guy that just likes having his dick sucked. And he's probably curious to find out if guys are better at it than girls.

Something probably could happen if you let it, but I think it would mean more to you than it does to him.

Does he know that you're gay/bi/curious/questioning etc by the way?

8. orange5

He doesn't. But with the way he talks to me he may sense it.

---------- Post added 3rd Aug 2014 at 08:08 AM ----------

I'm just wondering if I should try to become closer with him. I wonder if it would look weird to him. Not because I want this to happen, because I like his friendship.

9. mangotree

If you did, what's the worst thing that could happen?
    What have you got to lose?

10. Trooper

I think you are reading too much into it. Considering his history of hooking up with girls, and how comfortable he was with teasing you about your insecurity to people around you (that doesn't sound like a closeted guy), he could very well be a straight guy just joking around.

If you think it's worth it, you could try getting closer to him. But I wouldn't expect anything based on what you've written here.

11. scub

just because of the girls does not mean he is straight. maybe he is bi? sure sounds like it..
    IMO when people drink or are drunk they speak the truth. so i'd say go drinking with him again and see what else he says because more than likely what he says is how he really feels. trust me, if there is one way to get the truth out, it's done having alcohol in your body. i would believe what a drunk says over a sober person.

12. orange5

He wouldn't go deeper into it, because people were around. But after he said that, I got a lot more close to him than I ever would by putting my hand on his shoulder for periods of time. Wouldn't someone who was straight and wasn't attracted to me pull away? I mean, I really was just beyond drunk.

I just wonder if he's attracted to me.