1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will i be able to find anyone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ardard, Aug 4, 2014.

1. ardard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am going to a christian high school this year and arcading to my sister who already goes there there is only one gay person in the school and he is in her class. AND my sister is two grades older than me.

Will i have to live out my high school alone looking at cute straight boys because my new school is not accepting, close minded, and hard christians.

:confused:

2. FeketeHajnal789

You are certainly not limited to seeking potential partners in your school - you can always meet people in many other places, such as bars, clubs, the park, etc. Naturally, you can even use Internet applications. Also, the fact that your sister says that there's only one gay person may not necessarily be true - there may be others that she doesn't know about, possibly because they are concealing themselves.

Anyway, why are you going to go to a Christian high school if you would feel that you wouldn't fit in? The problem with the low number of other gay students would probably be a problem in most schools, but the problem of close-mindedness is something else. If you feel that a Christian high school would repress you, you may wish to consider enrolling elsewhere.

3. wanderinggirl

FeketeHajnal789, if ardard is in high school it's unlikely he'll have access to bars and clubs; I'm assuming a christian high school is not his choice either.
    Is there a GSA in any of the public schools in the area? They might be amenable to inviting you to events even though you don't attend, or be able to point you to other resources. The "scene" is not the only option, particularly when you're in high school.
    You can always try to seek out friendship with the boy in your sister's grade; he might be able to help you out a bit. If you live near a city, there are sometimes 16+ events at local LGBT centers, if you're willing to wait til you're 16.
    There is also the hope that maybe just maybe you won't be able to be out but you will tend to gravitate towards other LGBT-identified people; I've heard a lot of people say that they tended to gravitate towards other LGBT kids in high school. I don't know that that's reliable, but it's certainly possible that you'll wind up making a friend or two that are closeted as well.

#3 wanderinggirl, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014