1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with a boy(friend)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by login864, Aug 6, 2014.

1. login864

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sooo... I met this cute guy (first date in my life) on the end of July through social media, he's three years younger than me (just turned 15). At the beginning of our relationship everything seemed okay. After a few days of chatting we met. Both of us were excited to finally meet in person. So on the first date we had our first kiss, which was my very first one. Then, we met the second time, and this time we went to a park, where we kissed a lot.

It was really good with him, and as far as I know he enjoyed as well. (He told me a lot that it was great and all.) After the second date we set up a new date for two days later, just the day before we both left for vacation with our families.

This time it was different though. When we met, he didn't seem as excited as before, he was a bit under the weather. We were headed to a spot on the riverbank, where we hanged out before, when he told me that he wanted to tell me something. I was shocked, I knew it was bad news.

So, to understand, you have to know that he is seems mature for his age. (At least more mature than I was back then.) He's out to most of his family and to many of his friends, who are mostly girls. Next year, he's coming to my high school, and when we talked, he seemed as if he would be seeing a long term relationship with me. We talked about what we'd do in the future and how awkward it would be in school, since we didn't want to come out to the whole school.

Eventually, we arrived to the riverbank, where he told me what he wanted to say. He told me that, he was having bad feelings about us, just like with another guy he told me about. He had something going on once with another guy. He said, what he's feeling is something similar to what he felt back then. He got scared for some reason. He got scared of a relationship with someone, and he said that he wants to quit.

I asked if there is something I've done wrong, but he told me that I'm not the reason why he wants to quit. I was extremely depressed, and still am. I don't know what to do. I want him back, and can't stop thinking about him. I want him to know that he shouldn't be scared of us being together, since I'm really a reliable person, someone who he can trust.
    I don't know what to do.
    I feel lost and alone. :help: Could he be scared because of the age difference?

2. dapulu

He's scared of a relationship, he told you so.

It's not you, it's him. He did the same with another guy. He's just not ready to be in a relationship. Maybe when he grows a bit he'll be ready, or maybe it's just some kind of fear he won't talk to you about. If he's not ready you can't force him, and if he has a fear or a trauma then he needs to tell you about it.

Good luck.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sorry to hear that this happened to you. From everything you have mentioned,I don't think it has anything to do with you, but rather it does sound like that he was/is not ready for a relationship at this point. Even though he seemed mature for his age, and you would be covered under the Age of Consent laws, that doesn't mean that he is ready to enter a relationship with somebody.

My suggestion would be to try moving on from him. Try to spend more time with your friends, and do things that would allow you to shift your thoughts, and remain occupied so that you don't think about him. If you see things in your room that remind you of him, put them away in a box for now. Don't visit his social media profile.

With time, you will be able to move on, and you will stop thinking about him. (*hug*)

4. login864

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:
    I'm trying to move on! :slight_smile: It was just too good to be true :grin:
    I'll get over it eventually.
    Thanks again

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that boy ain't ready. at 15 many are not, if he's ready later and you reconnect then it is meant to be. Live Love and Learn friend.