1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom & Same-Sex Partner Hate Each Other

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cm523, Aug 6, 2014.

1. cm523

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello everyone - I am new to this, so forgive me of this is not a typical post (or an all-too common) post!

Long story short: my mother does not care much for my same-sex partner, and unfortunately, the feelings are mutual. They both see themselves as "trying" to get along better, but when it comes down to it, stuck in the middle trying (and failing) to make them both happy.

It has taken my mom several years to adjust to the idea that I am a lesbian, and she has certainly made some mistakes. Her not-so-great feelings about my partner stems from her not wanting me to be with a woman (not necessarily my partner), compounded by the fact that I will be marrying my partner very soon. My mother has made great strides, but my partner is very protective over me and has seen how much my mother has hurt me in the past. She is having a hard time of letting go and seeing my mom as a good person.

All this to say - I am going crazy! Any suggestions or advice?!

<\3

2. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want your mom to feel better about your partner you can open her eyes about how good she is as a person stright people think we only care about sex no more and no less to prove this wrong you need to ask your partner to spend some more time with your mom you know so that they can start to know each other better so that you prove to your mother you love a wonderful person not just any woman so the key to your mother heart to love your partner is to get them some more time to spend together i know alot of moms who do the same thing its always that they judge that this person isnt good enough when they get to know him or her you will see another mother