1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I date this guy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lostlifeguard, Aug 6, 2014.

1. lostlifeguard

So, background on this guy first of all: We're both going to be sophomores in college, but we've been home all summer, still talking some though. We hooked up a few times last year, and we're still pretty good friends, and the way things are headed, it seems like a potential relationship. Also, his sexuality was always a weird subject though. Last year at least he said that he was bisexual.

So, a few nights ago we were both bored, so we were like, let's just get drunk and hang out via the phone. He ended up telling me a lot of different things, and I few of them made me feel weird, so I just want to see what you guys think about some of the things, and if you think it's a good idea to still proceed with a relationship or whatever.

The main thing that he said was that he found women a lot more aesthetically appealing, but he just wasn't interested in them down there whatsoever. I'm gay so I was just like, oh... But it almost sounds insulting. Then he was talking about how he wishes he were straight, but he has to just play with the hand he was dealt. I understand these feelings, I went through this when I was younger, but I'm just thinking, should I be insulted that he said this? And do I want to be in a relationship with someone who's still this unsure of themself?

2. Gen

Gen

Considering the fact that he only recently began to accept himself as bisexual, I would definitely not advise rushing into anything. It sounds as though he still has a degree of self-discovery and acceptance to undergo before he reaches a level of clear understanding and contentment with who he is. I would give him space to work through those things and prevent yourself from being tied down to a partner that doesn't seem to have fully embraced his identity and potential future.