1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just come out, in need of advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jennythebrave, Aug 7, 2014.

1. jennythebrave

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay so 9 days go me and my boyfriend broke up after a two year relationship. For the last 3 months of the relationship i was having a sexuality crisis. But eventually i came to the conclusion that i wasn't sexually attracted to men, and things ended. It wasn't messy, but it was sad, and i'm not over yet. However over the last week i've been sort of seeing a girl. She's completely aware of the situation and we aren't going to get into anything serious until i'm ready. I'm just so nervous around her and i don't even know what i'm doing. My parents know i'm 'bi' but they aren't exactly comfortable with it, which makes me sad because i'm really close to my mum and it just sucks. And i'm also terrified to be with a girl because i never have before and she's much more experienced than me. I just wondered if anyone had any advice. Like how would you feel if you were with someone who had never been with another girl? So yeah, thanks.

2. JustJessica

If I were in the situation where I was with a girl who had 0 experience with being with a girl but was interested, I'd make sure I was calm and compassionate and understanding. I wouldn't try to take matters too quickly - it'll happen as it happens and forcing it is not a part of the enjoyable experience.

Being as I would feel the same way in your position, I hope the best for your situation! I've never actually had a serious relationship with a girl though I have always considered myself bisexual until about a year ago where now I'm just not sure where I fit in... so I'd be scared too!

3. jennythebrave

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you! :slight_smile: She's so lovely, i'm just worried about making her wait too long!

4. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Well it's understandable that you're not comfortable with dedicating yourself to someone again yet, but I love the fact that she is so supportive and understanding.

If you're still heavily questioning your sexuality... maybe you should explain that to her - She might be willing to let you explore, find out about yourself, and be certain of who you are afterwards. :slight_smile:

Better do that with someone you're comfortable with, someone safe, rather than jump on some random girl later on just to figure out if you're bi, or lesbian, or something else!