1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casual relationship without sex??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Young Blood, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is this even possible?? I kinda like this guy, but he's a playful flirt and I know that he doesn't really do relationships. He gets around if you know what I mean, but I wouldn't mind going out with him and stuff...just not having sex. Making out, I don't have a problem...I'm just not ready for more than that...Is it possible to have a casual relationship, meaning not let things get too serious, but do it without having sex? I don't want him to feel like he can't do anything (sex wise) if he's with me :/ I'm so confused... :confused:

2. Candace

I mean, if you just like the guy romantically but not in a sexual way (or you're abhorred by some forms of sex), then of course! I don't see why not. :slight_smile:

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, definitely. Just tell him you're not looking for anything too serious/sexual :slight_smile:

4. timber

timber Guest

Its completely possible. I dated a lot of girls that I was never sexual with.

5. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But I'm not sure if he'd be able to do this...I don't know :/

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The parts in bold, you should look at. That should tell you, what you're dealing with. This isn't to say exceptions don't happen, but it might be kind of challenging, to have a relationship with him like you want. I assume, at some point, he is going to begin dropping hints or making moves, just to test the waters. If he is declined, he might mellow out, but he might not. You know him better than any of us, so, do what you believe is best.

I'm going to say, it is possible, but you already have a casual relationship with him. If you want to get a little touchy-feely and make out, I'd discuss that with him, this way he knows something can happen, just that there is a limit. Otherwise, you're leaving it up to him to figure out, and that might not end well.

The important thing here is, build up some trust, and then, sooner than later, have a serious talk with him. After all, serious or casual, all successful relationships survive due to exchanged communications and shared sentiments, all bound in trust. If you can't talk to him, you probably won't be able to be with him.

7. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry I'm gonna have to disagree with everyone else on this one. Is it possible in general? Yea sure. But..
    "and I know that he doesn't really do relationships. He gets around if you know what I mean,"
    Sounds like this guy is just looking to get laid. If you like him and he likes cruising and isn't interested in a relationship then you are just asking for punishment if you try getting with him.

What do you really expect to happen here? If you like him but he "gets around" and "doesn't do relationships" then going to the movies or dinner or... is just going to make you like him more. What happens when you find out that he found someone else to do the things you aren't ready to do? I definitely wouldn't recommend doing those things with him because it will be even worse when he does what he does.

I'm really not trying to be hateful. I'm just one of those people who tends to smack people over the head with the truth.

8. Sam.i.am1130

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is this even possible??.. What do you mean?? In the conventional manner? Of course not... Scientifically? Hell yess.. Some of my best frineds where platonic mf relationships... They knew i was gay tho... Thats where i first watdhed my favorite chick flicks.. save the last dance... red shoe diaries.. etc..

Yeah, youre just gonna get nailed, girl... Go for it...

---------- Post added 9th Aug 2014 at 09:33 PM ----------

But I'm not sure if he'd be able to do this...I don't know :/

Yes, you know shut up.... Just decide if you want it...

God youre so silly.

9. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That one seemed a little harsh... :/

10. Sam.i.am1130

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So very sorry, madame... Just ease into it and see whats up... Protip:he'll do whatever you want in the long run.. Youre in control.. Im gonna watch big fish now....

11. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok. Technically it is possible. Just be honest and upfront with him that you DO NOT want to do anything sexual. From what you described, he will probably make a move. I would be VERY cautious if I were you. Just don't get hurt. And if he gets around, you really are putting yourself in the possition to possibly get hurt by him trying to play you. I don't know him, but I do know the type.

12. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I'm probably not going to pursue this and just tell him we should probably just stay friends. We clearly want different things in life...oh well, plenty of other fish in the sea...

13. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Good call.

If you're not feeling comfortable having a relationship with someone who sees various other people to have casual sex with and more, then just don't.

I am by no means innocent, quite the opposite, and I'm afraid I know the type all to well. They take what they can get, and give nothing back. Having a casual, intercourse-free relationship with such a person is next to impossible.

Especially around your age, I can almost guarantee he is going to keep trying to lure you into doing what he wants you to do. And you don't want that.

The things that seperate "those" types from people that are playful flirts and get around, but can still manage proper (serious and casual, with boundaries set) relationships are absolute honesty, respect, and caring for everyone involved.

You really need to ask yourself if he has those three feats.

If he doesn't, he -really- just wants to get laid.
    Like the horny little git he is. Sorry. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: