1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think married woman is flirting?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pops21, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Pops21

Pops21 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi guys. I'm feeling really confused by an older woman at work and would like your thoughts.

So I work with this older woman (20 years older) and up until recently she didn't know I was a lesbian. Before this point I did notice that she would stand close to me, try and touch me and give me lots of compliments. Since she found out I was gay, she has upped her game, touching my arms and asking me to protect her with them (I go gym a lot), asking to go on walks with me, saying suggestive things and then not being able to look at me without laughing after as we are both embarrassed.

The thing is she is married. Is this what married women do after a while? I don't know what she wants from all of this?

2. Gen

Gen

It is certainly not what all married women do. She could very well be going through a difficult patch in her marriage and seeking attention and flirtation from someone that she expects would give it to her. I would continue to be friendly with her, while gently making it clear that you aren't interested in things progressing further than they should.

When she starts to become noticeably flirtatious and touchy, try turning the conversation to something that lightly references her marriage or ask a question about how her husband is doing. Something to remind her of where all parties stand in this situation, in case her underlining intentions aren't very appropriate.