1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mom is just... Ugh

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by omgitskyle, Aug 8, 2014.

1. omgitskyle

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She forced me to get a haircut today. She told me it would get trimmed just a bit shorter and that I would like it for sure (the hairdresser was a friend of my grandma's). But when we got there she didn't even let me speak, she just told the hairdresser what she wanted and said I was "uncooperative." For days she's been saying I look unpresentable and embarassing like I'm not being taken care of. And when we were sitting down, she says to me "When you're 18, you can run around town with blue eyeshadow and hair down to your waist, but for now you need to look like a presentable human being."
    That was the first time she's ever suggested anything about my gender identity. I thought she was accepting. I thought she cared. But she's just feeding into my dysphoria. She's constantly trying to buy me male clothing and complains when I tell her I don't want it. And is she suggesting that I can't wear makeup/grow out my hair/be androgynous at all until I'm 18? I'm not waiting 5 fucking years for that. It's been bad enough waiting 5 months. It's getting to the point where I hate myself and I don't even want to leave home anymore.
    The haircut looked horrible, by the way.

2. Notsoshure

I`m so sorry to hear that, that sucks.
    I`ve got short hair, and I love it. It just makes me feel so much better about myself, but still i hear my dad say stuff like "it`ll grow out again eventually" either to me, or when people comment on my short hair. It`s like he is embarased by it, and my granddad commented he thinks my hair is a bit too short to be on a girl. At least i am lucky enough that my mom say i look awesome and she isn`t too annoyed by how much more moeny she has to pay for my haircuts now.
    I thought that was kinda bad, but when i hear about what your mom says, i feel really sorry for you. Parents should support their children and help them while they discover and explore themselves and their life, not drag them down and force them to do what they want. Hope things sort out for you.