1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spontaneous kiss advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gingerlily, Aug 9, 2014.

1. gingerlily

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been working at a small, locally owned company for three months and have developed feelings for an openly non-straight coworker who is permanently moving to Texas in a week (let's call her Caroline). There's only 7 of us working there and some days it's just me, Caroline, and another person so we've talked about everything from past relationships to mental health to family problems. A couple months ago she ended a relationship with her best friend (let's call her Jenny) because Jenny was in denial of their relationship. Caroline's friends are predominately straight and from what I've gathered they don't talk about any deep issues. She's moving to TX to get away from it all and start fresh.

-CONTEXT-

Last Thursday was her second-to-last day at work. Ironically half the staff was out and everyone else left at 6pm, leaving Caroline and I to deal with an untimely event and work two hours later than we were supposed to. We started drinking and her friend Lindsay, who I heard so much about, came to keep us company. When we closed I started walking home and got a FB message from Caroline inviting me to hang out with her, Lindsay, and Jenny. Keep in mind none of us ever hang out after work. We don't intermingle with each other's friends.

We spent the night roaming the city, bar hopping, and river watching. It was awesome. She and Jenny were pretty touchy, but lez be honest once you date a best friend you'll always be physically affectionate when drunk (at least in my experience). The three of them had some drama going on so Jenny left while Caroline, Lindsay, and I went to one last bar. While Caroline was in the bathroom, Lindsay started talking to me about Caroline & Jenny and I responded, "it's weird for me to see because.. no, nevermind." Then Lindsay finishes, "because you have a crush on Caroline?" I said yes.

I never mentioned to Lindsay that I like girls. I'm super femme so she would only know if Caroline had told her. When we parted ways Lindsay said, "I hope I'll see you again before Caroline leaves!"

-MORE TO THE POINT-
    Tomorrow is Caroline's last day at work. She's not leaving for TX in a week, however, and I understand that no relationship will come of this. It can't escape me, though, that she invited me to hang with her friends and that one of them correctly perceived that I like Caroline. She hasn't been free to express herself or her sexuality with her friends and I want to give her that experience before she leaves. My only time to bring up how I feel is at work tomorrow and I think my only hope is to kiss her because she doesn't really talk about feelings.

Has anyone here spontaneously kissed someone? What are some tips? I know I should just feel it out, but this girl is super hard to read. I just want to show her what it's like to be with someone who's not ashamed to like girls.

2. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would take baby steps with her gain her trust slowly and talk to her gently