1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bestfriend Hates Me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by silver12, Aug 9, 2014.

1. silver12

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So when I was 13 I fell for my bestfriend. At the tender age of 13 I understood I had feelings for her but I never considered myself to be Lesbian at the time. As you can imagine I was surprised at the feelings that I had for her, they were extremly foregin to me and I was confused and I no longer wanted to have the attraction to her. Thus, I did what I thought was 'handling' the situation. I said some pretty horrible things to her in order for our friendship to end, I ignored her blocked her on all the social sites, got teachers to change my seat in all my classes. I completely shut her out of my life just because I couldnt cope with my feelings. It has been this way for three years now. I am 16 and I cameout to myself a couple months back and I miss her so much, I just want to be friends with her again. I am not out to anyone at the moment and I am not considering it at the moment. I want things to be the way it was 13 years ago. I know if I confront her about it, she'll want an explanation for my actions. How do I become friends with her again without telling her about me being gay?

I know this might not seem like a huge deal but it's been bothering me for the past three years now. Just knowing I hurt someone that I was really close with :/

2. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My old best friend hates me too, hmmmmmm.. I suggest just giving them time to cool off.. They actually may come around someday

3. NatWheeled

Hmm, honestly if you intend to rebuild the friendship you owe her the truth, the whole truth. She's gonna want an explanation for the way you been treating her and anything short of the truth won't cut it. Lies n half truths are weak materials for rebuilding friendships.

4. silver12

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm sorry to hear that :/ I have two years left of school with her so I need to fix things!
    Thanks for the advice :3

---------- Post added 9th Aug 2014 at 11:38 PM ----------

You're right, I totally understand, I do owe her the truth. Now the question is When will I be ready to come out and just tell her? Thanks :3

5. WearyWanderer

I agree with NatWheeled. During that time you were mean to her, she was probably confused and hurt. If you want to rebuild anything the two of you had, then you'll need to tell her the truth. It won't be easy, and depending on what type of person she is she might back away further, but she also may be understanding and you two could reconcile your friendship. It's a risk, but one you have to take, because either way she does deserve to know why after that.

6. silver12

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She was really hurt. I'm going to take your advice but do you have any advice on telling her the truth? Yeah and it can really go either way.
    Thank you!