1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So parent may divorce

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So my parents might divorce which is a problem cuz I don't know what will happen. My dad doesn't want to see my mom because she's irresponsible and lazy. He hasn't been coming him until midnight and he says he might leave us for two weeks and not financially support us. My mom says that my dad is annoying and stubborn and wants to get rid of him.

I myself don't know what to do or if this will affect my future heavily. I don't know who to go with. My dad is sometimes a douchbag and if I go with him I will lose it. My mom won't be able to find a job bc she knows little english and she is sometimes a b*tch. I will need a job and still can't find one.

I'm worried about my future and paying college and etc. Btw this wasn't the first divorce threat that happen between them. I need advice

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am staying with my dad right now and he is in the middle of a horribly stressful divorce with his wife. It's really affecting me, as I hear her bitch about my presence constantly. You have my empathy and I'll think about what advice I could give you.

3. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    could there be other family you could stay with?

4. iloveheralways

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, if your parents divorce, you need to worry about yourself. A few things to consider while making this tough decision are:

- who would you be able to stay with without losing it.
    - who would provide you with at least some emotional support.
    - which location you would rather stay in.
    - where can you find a job and go to school; you can go to college and work there as well.
    - where are more facilities in terms of medical and emotional support available for you.
    - where can you find friends.
    - who can you help as well.

There could be many other things you may find important to consider. Also, you don't have to stay with one parent forever, perhaps switching after 6 months or a year might be okay, but that may present some other problems as well.
    Try to work with a points system like 1 - 5 when answering these questions as sometimes answers aren't strictly yes/no.
    Wish you the best. Take your time. Google for more information about the places your parents are going to live to learn more, if you need to. Stay strong.

5. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look brother right now we stand in the same boat. My parents are two are think about it. And it is quite scary. The best I can do is brace for the worst and pray that there is some good to come of this. Hey if you need some to talk to come to me and we can chat if you feel like you want to

I pray for your safety and security in the future days
    -the king