1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Meeting. Do I go?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by John2517, Aug 9, 2014.

1. John2517

Recently I just came out to a family friend. He's gay and married to my mom's former boss. He was ultimately surprised by this but was honored I would come to him about something of this nature and that I would trust him this much.

There is an LGBT youth group meeting every week 30 min from where I live. There is one right in my town but I would never go for fear of seeing someone I know. I've told him about this and he's said if I ever wanted to , he would take me to the one 30 min away. This would hopefully help me understand my curiosity more.

Should I take advantage if this? I've also come out to my mother so she would know where I am. My father doesn't know about me questioning so I keep fearing that he'll find out somehow. Not that he is homophobic, but he's close with our family friend and I would feel bad for him to find out I trust my mother and his friend and I was afraid to tell him.

2. iloveheralways

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I understand the trust issue with your dad. You might want to go to the club yourself or your mom. You dont have to with your mom But at least let her know when you do go. I would be disappointed if my child told my friend but not me. Be strong, you can do it! And if you see someone you know, well, then there may be something they would want you to keep secret too, you get what I mean?

3. burg

just go for it man.remember every one there prob got pretty nervous there first time.

4. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone