1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

absolutely hurt.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Fireball, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Fireball

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have no where else to go with my problem and everyone who I seem to try and tell doesn't seem to really give me genuine advice.

I'm 22 and for the first time I fell hard for a guy who is one year younger than me. I mean I've had crushes but for the first time I had a deep emotional connection. And I thought he was quite fond of me too. UNTIL the following...

We were hanging out by the beach one day with a couple of friends and it was weirdly awkward between my crush and one of my closest friends who I've known since the first grade. I've known my crush for roughly 6 months now through Twitter and we got chatting and I recently introduced him to my close friends.

Suddenly the same evening I get a phone call from my best friend explaining (not in anyway apologetically) he slept with my crush. There was no "Sorry." no "I feel terrible" just him telling me. I dropped the phone down on him because he knew for roughly three months about my feelings for my crush.

Now I'm heart broken and even more importantly without someone who I've trusted for most likely my entire life. I can't eat, sleep or even feel normal anymore, I feel sick inside and I'm terribly angry. I see online that they're still hanging out.

I can't be specifically angry with my crush since I haven't told him my feelings, but how could my best friend do this to me? I'm in pieces and I have NO idea where to go or what to do from here.

PLEASE can anyone help me, anything just to help me guide myself to a little bit of normality would be wonderful.

thank you so much guys.:icon_sad::icon_sad:

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so sorry for you. (*hug*) If there is anybody in real life that you can talk to, it would probably help a little. I always find it cathartic to have a chance to say out loud to a listening person the things that are really bothering me.

3. Lyr110

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's a bit sick and twisted. I have a friend who I can imagine would be like that, acts all nice and great and then they'd turn on you as soon as a better opportunity comes along. I'm kind of in the process of cutting her out of my life lol, people like that just aren't worth the time :slight_smile:

4. HTBO

That's harsh, I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Have you tried talking to your friend about how you feel? If you can't in person you can always write him a letter or email, and you don't necessarily have to send it. Sometimes just writing the words out to someone who hurt you and saying how upset and hurt you are and what you feel is enough to help you to move forward. Or you can try writing two versions, the one you send and the one you don't (just don't get them mixed up :slight_smile:) Write the one you don't send first and say exactly what you feel, and then write the one you will send after you've let out some of the more difficult emotions. If you don't want to be friends with this person any longer, then I guess it wouldn't matter if you sent an angry email, but that's something you need to decide as well. Is his friendship to you important enough to get past this?

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your friend is either a prize jerk, or he seriously did not think it would bother you (perhaps naive to the extreme)

he told you about it which suggests he did not think you'd have a problem with it ???