1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exposed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by phony, Aug 10, 2014.

1. phony

So, I downloaded this gay app (******) to meet some cool gay guys in the area, like
    someone I can talk to (I'm not out to anyone so can't talk about this stuff with my friends)

So I met this cool guy which I liked and was fun and we started talking in whatsapp (app to chat in cellphone) and somehow he managed to discover my facebook with my phone number and now I feel totally exposed. I mean we have 1 friend in common and he knows who he is so he totally could go and tell him about me.... He said that he's not gonna do that but I feel so fragile at the moment...

I don't know what to do, I don't wanna talk to him ever again cause of fear (I'm enormously paranoid about the gay stuff, I feel like if people knew I was bi/gay, my life would just end) but I think If i stop talking to him he might get mad and threaten me.

Ahhgg why this this happen?? I know a lot of you think I'm overreacting but you've got no idea how my circle of friends/family are, my whole life plan would end.

any advice? :/

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Cant you just tell him not to tell anyone?

3. Budweiser

Did you tell him how unhappy you were that he went and found your facebook without you giving it to him?

4. phony

He didn't find it on purpuse, It was accidental, according to him. And yes I told him like "thanks for keeping it quiet" but i don't know.. I'm a very free person and I don't wanna feel like I have to attach to him in order to keep my secret safe

5. Budweiser

Did he do anything to make you not trust him, or is it your own paranoia? (I hope that doesn't sound mean :s

6. dapulu

"Found it on accident" is BS. Seriously. However, remind him again that you really need his word, even to his besties. The only thing you can do is trust him, because you came out to him willingly when you gave him your phone number. You don't owe him anything and if you feel like it you can stop talking to him. If he threatens you, then you can just apply the rule "Deny everything" and block him from everywhere (when you block him in some gay apps the whole conversation gets erased). The risk that he have your texts and pictures in whatsup is there though.

When you access those apps you're actually coming out to people, though it doesn't feel like it, does it? If you don't want that to happen, then make sure you don't link your other accounts to your cellphone or ONLY use the app to talk or use other apps like Telegram to send autodestructable texts so there is no evidence left behind. Or you can just put in the description of the app that you're in the closet/very discreet. There're some assh*les who couldn't give a crap about it, and there are also a lot of cool guys who won't say anything.

Remember to be very careful about who you give your number to. It may not seem like much, but it can lead to a lot of ugly situations and unwanted texts/stalking (been there, done that).

BREATH. You'll get through it.

Good luck and hang in there :slight_smile:

7. BiPenguin

He was honest with you and sounds like he's respecting your wishes. That is a big plus.

8. dmarc92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you have your phone number on your facebook account I believe anyone with your number can find you on facebook. Just tell him youre not ready for anyone to know and that being facebook friends bothers you and youre not ready for that kind of step.