1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploitative?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by maselalala, Aug 11, 2014.

1. maselalala

So there's a girl, she's 13, and her boyfriend is 20. I was somewhat meh until SHE POSTED HER ANNIVERSARY AND I SAW HER BIRTHDAY SHE WAS TEN! A THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OR WHATEVER AND SHE WAS F***ING TEN WHAT THE H**L?! Can someone please help me describe what's going on and give me advice on what to do??? I think this may be exploitative. Thanks a lot...

2. Robins Jacket

Well, my parents were born ten years apart but didn't date until they were in their twenties and thirties. I find it a bit odd that he's twenty but its not so much as age difference as it is actual age[/U that's a problem. If you personally know either of them, then I'd talk to them about maturity levels. When I was 13 (admittedly not too long ago) I was up for anything and I didn't understand the repercussions of my actions. It doesn't seem too healthy for a college student and a middle school student to be in a relationship but I would ask more about it if I were you because people always have their reasons.
    Hope this was in the least bit helpful. (probably not but I hope)

3. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um, no the 20 year old needs to be reported. A relationship between a 20 year old and a 13 year old (and a 17 year old and a 10 year old if the three year anniversary is correct) is extremely creepy and that girl is being taken advantage of.

However, make sure the girl actually is 13 first. Sometimes people lie all of the time about their ages on social media. The guy may not even be 20.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Provided you have a reasonable idea that the ages are what they are, this is definitely something to report. I'd start with police in whatever jurisdiction the guy is in, and be persistent. Ask for the sex crimes unit and report it there. You might also report it to child protective services in whatever jurisdiction the girl is in.

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

He sounds like a pedophile, report him to the police.

6. maselalala

Thanks you guys! I'll definitely consult someone and figure out my options...

7. BiPenguin

That's a child sex crime. No pedophilia but ephebophilia.

8. maselalala

I know what ephebophilia is... the only reason I'm saying pedoplilia is because she was initially ten.