1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are all the gays??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ScotlandTheBrve, Aug 12, 2014.

1. ScotlandTheBrve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What's aaap!

I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

I'm 21, gay, from Scotland, but recently I moved in with my grandparents to a small town in Wales for Uni. Basically, I have never been in a relationship - which has never really bothered me - and have only kinda messed about with mates while drunk.
    I see on my Facebook all the time that my friends from high school are engaged, or already married, or having kids with their girlfriends/boyfriends. Again it doesn't really bother me that I'm not in such a serious relationship, but it would be nice to have someone in my life in 'that' way, and I worry that my lack of any type of relationships will make me a little bit socially immature.
    I'm not a (no offence) 'stereotypical' gay guy; I don't act overly feminine but I don't act overly masculine either, I have no clue about the gay scene or fashion - I usually just wear shorts and a t-shirt, don't obsess over my looks or going to the gym every single day (in fact I'm kinda skinny.) I didn't even know what poppers were until last week, before that I thought it was some kinda butt sex toy that popped !
    I have of course used ****** but it is crap (to be polite), and I just refuse to use dating websites. My gaydar is either also crap or just there are literally 0 gay lads around me; so I guess my question is: how do you find a decent gay guy short of stopping everyone in the street and asking?!

#1 ScotlandTheBrve, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014