1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to make people like you?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by markosss, Aug 12, 2014.

1. markosss

When im out with my friends they dont care about what I say. They look bored and only find it interesting talking to each other except of me....sometimes I feel like they are ashamed of hanging out with me. Maybe im just a boring person. What should I do to make people more interested and like me?

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would try going out with some different friends once, and see how that goes. It may be just that your first group of friends are the type of people uninterested in things that don't affect them. They may have secret homophobia.

3. It could be just that your friends are not very nice people.

But the way I've worked into finding and keeping friends and acquaintances is this:

Get really interested in other people. Ask them about themselves. Listen to what they have to say--don't just think of what you're going to say next, you have to really listen. Remember things they've told you before and ask about them. For example, if you remember that your friend said they were worried about a test, ask them how it went. If you remember that their little brother's birthday was last week, ask if they had a fun party or something. Remember stuff that they're interested in and talk about that with them to learn more about it.

Most people like talking about themselves especially to those who are genuinely interested in what they have to say.

Conversely, if you want people to care about what you have to say when you have something that you want to talk about, it helps if they know that you always listen to them when they have something to say.

And, if you feel like you have nothing interesting to talk about or you don't think you're very interesting, try doing some new things and trying some new things and then you'll have plenty of interesting things to discuss when the time comes for you to do so!

4. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People like people that like themselves (when they aren't egotists). I am just throwing that out there, I don't know enough about you to say much. But if you have a negative vibe people do notice. Thedreamwatch gave excellent advice.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Thedreamwatch presented it very well. Definitely read, and take her response to the head and heart.

I would like to add one thing, something a little more precise, and easier to remember, if you truly want to know, how to make people like you:

Be the person you would like to be with.

It is as complicatedly simplistic as that.

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's basically 'How To Win Friends and Influence People.' So, let's recap; try to take an interest in other people, ask questions pertaining to their interests and call them by their name now and then. You might have to find new friends if that doesn't work. It's impossible to make everyone like you. Wow, this reminds me of a anime xD

One more thing. I learn some 'right' things I should've done after I reflect on my 'wrong' things. Ask yourself 'what does this person want?' For example, some people are depressed and want to be heard. If you got somebody crying about a death or something... you let them cry out their pains. It's better to refrain from grilling them for answers. It's better to refrain from telling them about your own dealings with death. It's better to refrain from telling them what to do about it... although you can gently guide them to find their own answer. They'll be your friend forever merely because you gave them time.

7. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    May you share how old you are?

If you're 15 or less, many people are jerks usually in that stage of life. Somebody who is just a little different may be ostracized from others very quickly. If so, just live your life, enjoy your hobbies and be confident. Confidence is #1 when it comes to interpersonal contact, if, when you speak, you seem like you want to go away all the time, people will not notice you.

If you are 20 or older, they probably simply wouldn't hang out with you if they didn't care about you. The same applies though - just be confident about yourself. Maybe you are just forcing yourself to see it like this? Subconsciously I mean.

8. markosss

im 17. yes im always overreacting.maybe its only in my mind

i have seen an anime with a very shy girl who was afraid to talk to anyone and have no friends.that reminds me of myself some years ago. Glad im more social now.