1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i feel like a fucking toy to my "friends!!" UGH!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MatthewJS, Aug 13, 2014.

1. MatthewJS

the title says it all!

it kinda seems like i am a toy to them. they become my friend, they hang out with me, get bored of me, drop me, and find someone else better! i even posted it on facebook!

"I sometimes think my "friends" don't even want to be my friends. maybe its because im too annoying, too self-centered, too talkative, or some others. I maybe a toy to them. be my friend until they get bored, drop me, and find someone else. why cant they just be honest with me?? I wouldn't care if their honesty hurts me since ive been hurt several times in my life. if im not meant to have friends, so be it!"

ive been wanting to say that for a while now, but i didn't know how to put it into words. its kinda seems like no one wants to be my friend... :tears: :tears: :tears:

i am annoying, self-centered, AND talkative and so many others that makes me feel lonely. some of the people i talk to on here should know that i am annoying.

2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are displaying some classic egocentric tendencies. Egocentrism is characterized by the inability to distinguish between subjective (personal) and objective (public) viewpoints. This is almost universal in young people under the age of 7 but most grow out of it by the time they reach your age. It's obviously causing you some problems. You tend to see things for their outcomes rather than for their intent. Generally, you have trouble seeing things from the other persons perspective.

The reason you didn't grow out of this behavior can be because you are faced with social environments that require you to protect yourself. Your parents rejection of you can also lead to heightened levels of self consciousness. Or it could be caused by viewing yourself as being highly unique. Not surprisingly these are all common experiences for people with same sex orientations in our society.

You will most likely grow out of this behavior for the most part in the next few years as you continue to gain independence from the causative influences.

3. MatthewJS

All my life, i have been isolated from the public world, so, i wouldn't know anything about other's POV.

i kinda had to protect myself and be conscious of bullying and homophobia, but i have my family's help, but i never had any negative things happen to me.

not only that, i don't really do well with people in real-life. on the internet, i don't have to feel picked on because of my facial features (like pimples) and my voice, which sometimes get noticed in a bad way. its obvious im fucking selfish and no one likes a selfish person. yes, i am pessimistic, i know the reason why, but that's a long story.

4. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    <3 Huni, take a deep breath. Everything will be ALRIGHT. I'm here if you ever need to chat

5. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    This may sound harsh but - you can start by not posting such stuff on Facebook. Seriously statuses like these make everyone seem weird.

6. MatthewJS

this is actually the first time i ever posted something like this on facebook. i actually been wanting to say it for quite some time, but i didn't know how to put it down.

7. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Posting stuff like that on Facebook will only make you more isolated. People shift away from negativity, the egocentric and what they view as dull.

8. MatthewJS

i wouldn't really care if i do get isolated from others. i get close with people, but they don't get close to me, even if i don't show negativity. i also been isolated my entire life, so, im used to it. when i was young, i basically had no friends, and im getting there again. :dry:

9. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't want to be rude but I don't believe you when you say you don't care. And I think you know you care too. And that is absolutely standard, because people need people. What not to do, is to push away people that haven't already left. Don't create a self-fulfilling prophecy by thinking that they will leave "anyway" and letting negative emotions drive you to saying or doing things that can be difficult to undo.

10. MatthewJS

i didn't care that one of my best friends left my life, i didn't care that i broke off a friendship because i was heartbroken, and, soon, i am about to care less about a friendship i had for over 7 years because my best friend doesn't really care if i am in his life or not.

ive been alone my entire life, doing things on my own.

11. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I could of not of answered any better than THIS RIGHT HERE!! Omg, best advice you could of gotten about this!!!!

I was thinking of an possible better answer to his situation but you saved me the trouble :slight_smile:)

12. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thou doth protest too much... Let me put it this way: People do not talk about, in detail, things that mean nothing to them.

13. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your behavior sounds a bit self destructive, huni.... <3 <3

I really think your overreacting, I'm sure your best friend adores you

14. MatthewJS

he even told me that he would be fine without the friendship or not. i wont be fine.

since he told me that, that made me reflect on all of my friendships. im just a toy someone likes to play with.

15. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

People sometimes say horrible things that they truly don't mean when they are upset/mad.

Was he upset when he told you this?

16. MatthewJS

nope :dry: he can live without friendships. hes a neutral person that doesn't care how he makes people feel.

17. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If he's like that way than do you really want a friend like that??

If someone does not care than they are not a true friend, you could do much better than a not-so-caring friend

18. MatthewJS

he has been there for me all my life. from coming out to grieving over loved ones. i wanted to do the same, but he just pushes me away. he doesn't tell me his problems. he says he cares for this friendship, but he doesn't show or give it. i care for all of my friendships, but once this friendship with him is gone, so will my other friendships. i already lost 3 other ones. 2 because he broke my heart by saying he will be fine without. 1 is not because of this.

since he broke my heart, my view on love (i am in love with him) and friendships have changed dramatically.

19. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're hurt right now but you can heal. The way you feel can't last forever. It won't, and you will not think that you want to be alone. I am really sorry if your friend has hurt you.

20. MatthewJS

1. i wont be able to get over the fact that my friend is the reason why im having these thoughts, and it kinda shows he doesn't want me in his life.

2. ive been alone all my life. ive been feeling wanted only if i play games, where i don't feel like a toy someone plays with and breaks.

3. don't be sorry. ive been hurt since i was young.