1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally got my father's attention... but not in a good way.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gaynerd64, Aug 13, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

I've been working on an animated sitcom for a while and my father finally took notice today. The reason? One of the characters I was animating was a girl with fairly large breasts and it seriously pleased him. I hadn't really given the character much thought until he started mentioning it. Seriously, I'm mad at him...

2. Budweiser

He can't help if he likes big boobs... is it that he couldn't see past the big breasted character and didn't care about the rest of the story?

3. gaynerd64

Yes.

4. Dakeli27

Eh, seems like your father is hoping you'll "grow out of it". Honestly, I think you should take one of two routes: either accept it as a sign that your father cares about you, but is unfortunately not understanding you, or talk to him about it. I don't know your father, but talking, difficult as it may be, might work.

5. Hyaline

If he appreciated the artwork which you did, then its a compliment regardless of what the motivations for him appreciating the art. Take it as a compliment and move on.. He might be a good sounding board if you do more characters that might appeal to "average joe straight guy"

6. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Was the problem that he believed the breasts portended that you were actually really straight? Or was it that he seemed really shallow in only liking the boobs? The second of these is not a real problem, IMO, because he's probably just trying to be funny/silly; but still it's tough sometimes to know your creative endeavours are not being appreciated, I've been there!

7. DanielSmith

Hehe,

Straight men are just like us except big boobs catch their attention and muscley guys or whatever catch ours:wink:

Its sad that he doesnt take much attention in you, I know what its like:frowning2:
    But some just dont show love.
    Mine is the same, he only really takes attention in me by asking if I want to go and watch football with him.. Well i dont anymore because I stand there as he chats:frowning2:

There is NOTHING worse than feeling rejected...showing someone your hobby and they disregard it is like being smacked....

It ok once we get older there will be a whole new range of people for us to meet that will love us more and be our friends.... Anyways I shoulsnt worry about it, I am sure he actually loves you but just has trouble showing it

Hope you feel better soon x