1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My girlfriend needs help, but I can't help her

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bring it, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I met my girlfriend online, and she lives over 1000 miles away. She has tried to tell her mother before that she's bi, but only the last time fully got through to her because she also said that we're dating. In response, her mother confiscated basically everything of hers, her phone, her laptop, her xbox, she put password locks on her own computer, basically every way she could reach me is gone. She had to steal her phone just to call me and tell me what was going on. They had a really long argument and her mother threatened to not give her things back until the day she moves out, if ever.
    I want to be there for her until her mother accepts her, but I can't even talk to her. What do I do? :help:

2. Najlen

I'm so sorry. I don't have many ideas for this one. If you could talk to her once it might be possible to arrange for you to chat or e-mail through a school or library computer. If she has g-mail, she can access that from any computer, so you could send a message and hope she has access to a computer somewhere so she can get it. I can't think of anything else, though.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you know her mailing address?

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I like the others said library computers or letters . This is why I hadn't come out to my mom because she will act the same way .

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Library computers are a sensible choice. It might also be worthwhile for your friend to talk to her school guidance counselor. Some counselors are enlightened enough to talk to parents about these sorts of issues and try to slap some sense into them. :slight_smile:

6. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When we called I mentioned libraries to her, I just hope she remembers and takes my advice.

7. Aishat24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yea should lie to her mom to get her stuff back. and then come out again once she is old enough to pay for her own phone..... and u need a nick name now that the mom knows about u ...