1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me? Or is he making fun of Me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dmw987, Aug 14, 2014.

1. dmw987

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi this post may seem quite juvenile but I must know what I need to know about the situation I am in.

So basically, Freshman year, second semester of college in speech class. As always I am constantly nervous about meeting new people. But once I do, I usually take to them quite easily and enjoy being around them. I walk in and of course I am the first one, and then I see the others walk in. But then....I see this guy who I've seen around campus a lot..and Let me tell you, hes tall (only like an inch by me I am 5'11 and he is 6ft) dark hair blue eyes, muscular cute face. I believed him to be a straight guy I guess. But I don't really care about that. I just like him for him. He just has it all. Farther along in the year I made it a point to sit next to him because I just thought he was so cute. I did chit chat with him quite a bit, but then my real problem flies in towards the end of the school year. Here is this great looking guy, funny, great personality. Here is me, tall, but somewhat ill-proportionate, acne face filled, and somewhat overweight (thank god my height makes me seem slimmer) As usual I imagine that the majority of guys I take an interest in seem somewhat disgusted by me. At this time however, this particular guy seemed cool with me. He was definitely a nice guy. But then...I started to notice certain things he would do. I remember it like it was yesterday. We were sitting in class and he would stare at me, like crazy. Even when I sat next to him. I would stare at the instructor teaching the lesson, but through my peripheral vision I could see him looking at me. So then I thought, is it my acne...Is there something on my face...I couldn't figure out what it was. until one other occasion where we were grouped into the same group for a little in class writing project. I sat directly across from him and he was just staring me up and down, into my eyes smiling..at this point i'm kind of like scared...should I meet his gaze...should I stare away. I eventually didn't and kind of looked away. after that i remember walking out of class with my head spinning thinking...wtf just happened. why was he staring so hard. Then another point my suspicions were realized when it was late night at the dining hall. There was probably like 100 people near the food, but the only thing he was looking at was me. I saw him staring and pretended to look away. But why would he do that..Of course being the over emotional person I am, I just thought, maybe im ugly...maybe hes just looking at my imperfections...I to this day still don't know whether or not if he liked me..I just didn't know. Unfortunately...I fell for him....This has happened to me before with one of my best friends, and basically what happened was, I fell for him, and then he winded up dropping out of school for some girl he was with at the time. The guy that I like now, hes just such a sweetheart, he even told me where he was living next year. But I don't think I will see him much, considering he moved off campus. I was wondering what you guys think and if I could get some feedback.:kiss:

2. Really

Whatever else is going on, I can almost guarantee he doesn't find you ugly. I don't think I'm alone in saying I'd rather not look at ugly things for longer than it takes to register it as ugly.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What you describe isn't automatically suggesting he's gay or bi, and your mind can play tricks on you when you like someone. So, you need more information, which means meeting up with this guy, preferably one-on-one. It doesn't matter if he's off campus. Just ask if he wants to hang out, maybe for lunch. He seems friendly, so think of this as trying to kindle a friendship. If something more happens, then great. If not, well at least you tried instead of later wondering "What if?"

4. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not shure if he likes you at the verry least I don't think he's making fun of you
    good luck

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

And go introduce yourself to him already. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agreed you should try and get a lunch or something. It can be easily phrased as 'hanging out'.

7. Jan92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think he just stares at you for imperfections. Usually, when someone (let's say X) stares at other someone (let's say Y), it's because X sees something in Y that attracts X a lot. Has he ever acted with you like tochy-feely? If not, maybe you could try some physical contact (e.g. pats on his shoulder, "half hugs", etc) to see how he reacts. Try to be more confident when you talk to him. Those constant stares might mean something else. Eye contact with him is a way you could know if he might be into you or not by the way he looks at you or if he looks away when the eye contact is too intense.

8. betterthantoday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think he's making fun of you. But also don't get your hope up too high. Maybe you remind him of someone in his life that he has lost (or even himself before he turned into this cute guy today, who knows) ? Maybe he thinks you are a nice guy and want to be closer friends ? (Or he's a serial killer who's observing the next victim :eek:, just kidding :grin:) Of course there's also the possibility that he likes you :slight_smile:

Maybe you should gather the courage to talk to him more, try to hang out with each other. Even if he doesn't like you in that "way", you might then gain a new good friend. There can never be enough friends, right ? :icon_wink

9. dmw987

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I saw him again today...It was like the world fell on me. Not only do I believe that my mind was playing tricks on me before..I believe the universe is taking revenge on me. The guy I like...It almost feels like I love him at times...But he barely knows I exist. we have 2 classes together.. and he's seen me..and barely even noticed me. He looked and saw that it was me. but that was it I guess..I think im just going to focus on school and just forget about finding someone. It's probably not my time yet. I appreciate everyones input though :slight_smile:

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't give up! You have two classes, which means you have so many excuses to talk to him. The longer you wait, the more awkward it becomes to make the first move. Since he had said where he's living, you could ask him how he likes his new place. Or, you could ask him if he remembered something from the other class. When you show interest in someone, they will show interest in you.