1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking out a girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Black Swan, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Black Swan

I want to ask out a friend of mine. I believe she is gay, as she came out twice in two Facebook posts and I've heard her talk about lesbians. However, I understand that Facebook gets hacked by friends etc and although her posts seemed genuine (she comments that she tried telling her parents but they didn't accept her) I am wary of putting everything on the line because of some internet posts.

In other news, she and I go to school together and were in the same class last year. Since last year we've drifted due to not having classes together. We reconnected lately (though briefly) and she was just as bubbly and flirtatious as ever. I am really interested in pursuing her but I am unsure because:

1. I am not out at school and don't really want to be.
    2. I still can't be 100% sure she is gay.
    3. This would be my first relationship/she might not even like me.

2. Najlen

I would suggest getting closer to her and talking to her more as friends at first. You could eventually ask if the Facebook posts were genuine, (They most likley were, if her account was hacked she probably would have said something) and if she says yes, come out to her. Or come out to her first and then ask, or see if she comes out to you. That could eventually lead to one of you asking the other out.

I understand about not being ready to be out at school yet, but I'm sure she would understand. You don't have to let anyone know you're dating if you don't want to, and it sounds like she is in a similar situation if her parents aren't accepting.