1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell my best friend how I feel?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Shabang, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Shabang

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey guys, I know this is probably something you hear a lot on this site but I've been stuck in a rut really and don't know what to do. So here goes.

Its all about my best friend who I've been friends with ever since I was about 5 years old, I'm 20 now so its safe to say its been a long time lol. When we were younger we used to "experiment" a lot and it was on and off for a while until we got to the 9th year at school when he got new friends and we just stopped speaking for 2 years. He got back in touch just after we left school and we met up for a bit of a catch up which ended up with us having sex again and it started as a regular thing for about a year but we'd never talk about it. We stopped speaking again after that in which time I came out, even to him when he got back in touch a few months later, we had a deep conversation to which he came out to me as bisexual too, and then we done what we usually done and started having sex whenever we met up. We decided to end it last year but its not a taboo subject anymore and we're still close but the problem is I think I've fell for him along the way. A few months ago we went out to a couple of gay bars, with me being one of the few people who knows about him he wanted me to go with him and I had a few drinks too many and told him how I felt. He wanted to talk about it and kept asking me for days to talk about it but I just closed up then and we just went back to normal until the same thing happened again only this time he didnt want to know, he just walked away from me without looking back. The next day he said he didn't want to hear it now and we could only stay friends if I just never mentioned it again. He says that he doesn't feel the same way but I'm not sure if I'm just looking for something that isn't there but sometimes I feel like he just doesn't want to be honest with his own feelings. People often mistake us for being a couple without even knowing hes bi but that just aggravates him and I don't really know why, we are as different as night and day and always find something to argue about no matter what and still we see each other almost every day, we're even thinking of getting our own place but I just can't go on feeling like this. If I ask him for space he will stop talking to me for a week at most so I still can't get closure for myself.

I've tried talking to friends about this but they all think the way he acts and stuff and how we are together theres something there but I'm scared to say anything to him because of what he said last time I told him how I feel. I just want to know from people who may have been through something along these line if I should go for it and tell him again or just leave it now and be happy with the friendship? Any advice is greatly appreciated and thank you if you stuck through to read lol.

2. Dakeli27

I think you should simply talk to him. You still have feelings for him, and as far as I can tell he might have feelings for you, and though he might not like being seen as a couple with you, the only way you're going to work through your feelings is if you understand each other.

3. Aishat24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i think he likes you he is just scared of something. I would get a six pack put on a sweet move.. and just get both of u to open up ....I dont think he is going to tell your friends..if that was the case he wouldnt kiss u ..

4. dmarc92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think the first time you told him how you felt and then immediately ignored the subject might have effected his feelings. He might be hesitant to talk about his feelings with you, afraid you might block him out again.

5. Shabang

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, thanks for the replies :slight_smile: haven't had a chance to get back on this properly until now lol I took your advise and decided to talk to him... well more like I was planning to talk to him but he decided to randomly bring it up instead and I just didn't know what to say. He said he's known for a while and again asked if I wanted to talk about it but I shut him off again :bang: I didn't feel like it was the time or the place to talk really but he just kept on and on at me but all I could manage to say was 'if you know then what have we got to talk about.' Which I realise probably weren't the best thing to say. He doesn't really show emotion so I just don't know what he wanted to say about it he just said sorry and we barely talked the rest of the day. I've gotta see him again tomorrow and I just dont know what to say to him, I don't want to lose him because of how close we are and how long we've been friends but I can't stay feeling this way forever.

6. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    Just apologise for shutting him off, tell him that it is hard for you to talk about such things, and try and explain everything to him like you did to us.