1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spite - bad, bad news

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tightrope, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you know any spiteful people? Do you know any people that, just to be spiteful, would hurt themselves in the process? I do. I find it hard to understand how smart enough people are so spiteful that they become almost reckless.

I'm trying to understand and cope with spite. In looking up the word, it refers to the notions of malice, jealousy, the urge to annoy, and a few other others.

Any ideas on spite?

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I have a family member that goes into a sort of super spite when he goes full bipolar and starts looking for people to hurt. Among other things, I could see him searching his memory, his eyes unfocusing and refocusing with cruelty, for something that would hurt before he spit out with a smile of malice "Faggot." Really forcefully. I can't believe how many times I forgave him because of how I cared about him despite s*** like that. I also had to prevent a suicide he attempted once because he decided to show a girl he meant it when he said he was suicidal. :tantrum: :tears: One of the worst days of my life.

Anyways I have discussed the problem of spite at length with other friends and have come to some interesting conclusions. I don't quite feel like talking about them after typing that though. Maybe later. :icon_sad: