1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wondering...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Youngboylook, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Youngboylook

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    My friend and I are straight but when we get together and get drunk we will play around with each other if you know what I mean..... Nothing more then that though. We will kiss and hold hands with each other and tell each other we love each other everyday but you have to know we are best friends. But we seem more then best friends and our girl friends started to wonder and told us that we was really gay together. He gets jealous of me when I start to tell him that I'm going to hang out with some of my other friends and gets mad that I tell him that I'm going to do other things then come over to his house. He told me once before he loved me more then his girlfriend and I told him that every girl friend I had I loved him more then any girl friend that I have had. His girl friend does things to try to make me jealous and doing things to him front of me and I just laugh and tell her not to do that to him when I'm sitting there because it makes me kinda mad or jealous. I just wondering if he has a thing for me or what is going on with us?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think he has a thing for you , I was like that with my female friends when I was a little girl boy I hated when they hanged around other girls . Even as an adult now if I have a crush on a girl I know , I get supper jealous when she's around men now .

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome. I don't want to make you feel bad or anything, but since you're here, and we are a support community for LGBT people, I guess I just wanted to put it out there that this behavior is extremely atypical of heterosexuals.

I have heard of "one beer and I'm queer" before, but kissing repeatedly? That doesn't really describe exclusive heterosexuality to me. Nobody else I have ever heard of identifying straight does that.

Also, it's pretty clear that he's falling for you. Like, in love with you. Like, real love. So, not to be mean, but I think you need to kinda figure yourself out soon so you can decide whether to reciprocate and love him back or if you really are straight.

If you don't figure it out, you could hurt his feelings. :frowning2:

4. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have to say most 'Str8' guys are firmly against 'gay' stuff like kissing and holding hands. You should definitely lay the cards out on the table with your friend about what is going on. I hope you learn a lot about yourself. :thumbsup:

5. Youngboylook

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I think I have fallen for him and don't think I would hurt his feelings at all. He gets jealous of me when I pay attention to my girl friend and I don't put all my attention on him every time. I'm down for him and I think he is down for me. I think it is really true love between him and I then. His girl friend got mad at him and my girl friend got mad at me because we was kissing each other. He will play with me if you know what I mean and I know it turns him on but he isn't letting me play with him anymore. Is he scared that his gay feelings toward me will come back to him because I will let him play around with me.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, he probably feels a lot of shame. For now, I'm going to make the assumption that you're straight.

So you kind of have to understand this from our point of view. We're very ashamed, because people are really cruel to us, make fun of us and threaten to beat us up, or worse. So my guess is, your friend is either gay or bisexual. Either way, he wants you bad. And, you seem to be giving it to him. He might be conflicted, because he's enjoying the attention, but at the same time, he's ashamed, and he's probably thinking "I can't believe I'm actually being gay here." He's terrified. That's my guess.

So, if you're falling for him, and he's clearly fallen for you, why don't the two of you have a real, honest conversation about it. And here, I don't really want the conversation to be about "are we really gay, or bisexual or whatever?" You can be straight for all I care. (And apparently, there are straight guys who have sex with men. Like, the whole nine yards...)

But I think, since his feelings are so invested, you owe it to him to have a real conversation about this.

7. Youngboylook

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you for telling me. :slight_smile: really big thanks because I was so confused on what do to but we will have a talk about things and hopefully we will work out. Thank you so much you have no idea what weight has been lifted off my shoulders because I really want to be with him.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    why would you be kissing someone else when you have a girlfriend ? are we talking cheek type kiss or tongues ?:confused:

9. Youngboylook

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Pret Allez can I message you a question about something that I can't post on here because you seem to give the best advice right now. Thank you.

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2014 at 07:38 PM ----------

we are talking about the kiss in the mouth and being romantic about it. :slight_smile:

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think you should respect your girlfriend and stop kissing this guy because you could hurt her and him .

11. Youngboylook

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    It is the kiss in the mouth and it is romantic kiss. :slight_smile:

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You straight people are weird. :slight_smile:

As suggested above, that stuff you're doing? Hugging and kissing and playing with each other and getting jealous when the other is doing other things? Yeah, we call that just "being gay". Not because we love slapping labels on things, but because that's just kind of dictionary-definition gay behavior. Being straight but making out with your male friend and getting jealous of each other is a bit like being vegetarian but eating meat with your meals.

I mean, you're more than welcome to continue identifying as straight. And as long as you and he and everybody else don't have any problem with it, I guess that's fine. But at the same time, it just seems like it'd be easier if you considered yourself bisexual at this point. :slight_smile:

Lex

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No offense I agree with what you wrote here Lex but, why is it when it's a man everyone wants to call it gay , men can be bisexual too not just women .
    If he was a woman people would be still saying he was straight and if anyone one wrote a comment similar to yours calling him out on it, if he was a she they would be called judgmental and mean . I don't think just because a straight man likes making out with another man it's gay , we also have to take in consideration that he also has attraction to women so it's bisexual . Sure it's a gay act he's doing but why must everyone run to the conclusion with Oh he must be gay men don't even get the word bi just straight gay . What's with this double standard ?:confused:
    Yet anyone tells a woman this and everyone wants to rip the person that said it to shreds can anyone just explain the double standard to me because I don't get it .:confused:
    To me this is bisexual but then again we don't know for sure if he could be gay .

14. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    Stocking, I think you should read the post you were replying to again. I think you did not finish it and overreacted a bit.

To Youngboylook -

First of all, you definitely need to stop kissing and playing with each other, because of your girlfriends. Whether you are straight, gay, or bi, you are still regularly cheating on them, and that is not ok.

Stop for a moment, meet with your friend and have a serious talk. Think about what you feel when you are together, and compare that to what you feel when you are with your girlfriends. This is not about labelling you with a specific sexuality, the point is that you need to choose - him or your gf. And the same applies to your friend. You can't have a girlfriend, and meet your friend in secret to kiss. That's not fair to either the girl, nor the friend.

Once you decide what you want - either stop it for good and remain with your girls, or break up with them and remain together. But you can't have two relationships. That just doesn't work, and if your GFs found out, they would be broken.

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I read the post but what i'm asking is why is it when a guy does something with a guy he's automatically assumed to be gay and not bi he doesn't even get the word bi that's what I'm saying . The op labeled himself straight so clearly he has attraction to women and I assume his girlfriend so how is he gay if he's attracted to women also . I don't think I miss read Lex's post because he wrote in it that's being gay, then after near the end he said he might be bi . But I don't like how people seem to never think a man could be bi and when he does things with another man it's like Oh your gay how are we so sure he's gay ?:confused:
    I guess I did not explain myself well . I agree with what Lex said but the only part I disagree with is when he said that's being gay . Men can be bisexual too .

16. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    Having sex with girls / attraction to them = straight behaviour
    Having sex with guys / attraction to them = gay behaviour

Doing the first exclusively = being straight.
    Doing the latter exclusively = being gay.
    Doing both = being bi / pan

Lex never called him gay. He actually said "whether you are straight, gay or bi" and concluded with "probably bi".

But let's not derail this anymore.

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    User more or less summed it up. Him kissing his friend is gay behavior. Perhaps I should've been clearer and used the term "not straight".

Lex