1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you feel "dating a closet case"? Care to tell a few experiences?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dapulu, Aug 18, 2014.

1. dapulu

So, the last few guys I've been in a date with were closet cases.

At first I really didn't mind, since I'm not really flamantly out, I tell the people who ask but in no way do I put a label on my head or talk a lot about LGBT related issues. But then came the hiding because of the panic of being found out...and I'm starting to get a bit tired of it since we're really not in the same page. I don't really show much public affection but their panic attacks are too much for me sometimes.

I'm just wondering how do you guys feel about this? What was it like? I would really appreciate reading a few stories of how it went down the road and if you were in the same situation or not, since my gay/bi friends don't date closet cases and they can't really relate to the things I say. I'm also wondering if I'm just having a bit of bad luck with the guys I've dated and it's not really that bad.

As a start, I will tell my last one.

The guy who loves travelling.
    TL;DR I met this closet case whom I started meeting/dating and after that we'd fool around. He had this common panic about someone catching us that one time we made out and fooled around in the trunk of his car hahaha. Coincidentally he'd always end up a bit drunk before fooling around. We texted everyday. His panic got worse, and after 2 months meeting every 2-3 days he suddenly got VERY busy, even though he was free all day since he was changing jobs, so we never really met again as it was always postponed. Whenever I stopped completely talking to him he'd return to his usual self but still we never quite met again. Got tired after a month and a half of that crap, drunkenly texted him goodbye and he answered saying we weren't on the same page; I told him I got we never defined what we were doing but that I only meet 1 person at a time even if it was just fooling around, and that I'd like to meet other people. He started texting me batsh*t-crazy everyday after that and told me how we should meet again in 2 weeks when he returns from his new job in some other country. Closet case end.

For those who'd like to read in more detail:
    I met him in a camp a few years ago, he was on my team along with other 12 people. Same age, same college. Just a friend. He went his way being a exchange student in a few countries after that and so I went my way too. Rarely talked to each other. This year, both of us graduated and I met him at a friends graduation party.

First night: At the graduation party I flirted with him some time but he didn't answer sh*t and just kept on talking about how he likes to travel :sleep:. Funny thing is I'm friends with one of his ex-girlfriends (only had 2) and she broke up with him because he was just too "good"...if you know what I mean (!)...Anyways, if anything, the whole night he'd offer to drive me home, I said yes and that was the plan but when the time came I wanted to stay and he was already tired, so I found another ride and told him goodbye. He needed to go because next day he'd need to wake up early...me too but it was one of my best friends graduation so "bros before hoes"(&&&) Though that threw me off ... kind of weird how he insisted :rolle:. But we said our goodbyes and while we were hugging I spanked him :lol:, I was horny and kind of had a thing for him in the few hours I got to know him again. Next day I had my graduation party, a few friends couldn't come and I invited him through my friends phone...he couldn't make it but he asked for my number. Next few days we'd just text all day and I started flirting again, he'd just follow a bit and then laugh and change subjects. Then he asked me out to drink some beers :eusa_clap. I accepted.

First meeting/date/friendly encounter!? alone: I met him at the bar and he was all dressed up :eek: I wasn't because I thought it was just a friendly encounter haha. I said hi and we started talking and drinking and after about an hour, he then went on full-curious mode and told me how he noticed my advances and how he never thought I had a thing for guys, and then started asking me for a full 2 hours about all my experiences and how did I knew and all kind of stuff. Then, I asked him about his, and he told me how he experimented with some guys when he was in other countries but I was the first person he'd actually talk about it with in our country. We ended the night going to his car and made out for a good 2-3 hours.

We kept talking everyday, it was pretty mutual. Next couple of dates or whatever they were we'd go drinking and after paying we'd repeat the making out and touching each other in his or my car. But no sex, no BJ or HJ or any jobs. I've a very high sex drive, and I asked him once for something more, but he kind of panicked. I understood he didn't have much expierience and he wasn't ready yet, so I didn't ask again. The thing is...after a few other dates I noticed a few issues.

Little issues: He'd only meet me in places where other people wouldn't recognize him, pretty far away from his home. So far the making out was always after alcohol was involved, weird how we didn't do anything other than going to eat or drink even though I asked him if he wanted to do something else and he said yes, but we always ended up drinking. Everytime we met, somewhere along the conversation he always reminded me not to tell anyone even though I already told him I wouldn't :dry:. Although I told him specifically that if I'm seeing or fooling around with someone I do it only with 1 person, and I told him I wasn't seeing anyone but him, he still'd get jealous or mock me about how I'm so easy if another friend called while we were in a date/meeting or if I'd look too much to other guys. He had this increasing panic of someone catching us while making out, that one time he asked me to go to the trunk...funny thing is I went :icon_redf, and then he followed :kiss:. Then his panic increased with each meeting/date and he just wouldn't stand if I did anything weirdly suspicious like stepping on him or brush his finger or hug for more than a second, you get the gist of it, anything that may seem "gay". He'd say he'd do anything with me, and when the opportunity to be alone at some place other than the car arrived and we'd go deeper, he'd back off. :eusa_doh: I get it and I never forced or initiated anthing other than the kissing and touching...but come on.:bang:

After 2 months of meeting every 2-3 days, he was going to change jobs so he had a few weeks free, but he suddenly went all busy-like and would postpone the meeting each time, and answer the texts after a few days even though he was online plenty of times in the day, which was kind of weird given our history and how quick he was in the past. Couple of times I catched him lying (by coincidence) about the stuff he needed to do through the day, but never confronted him about it, since we never really talked about what we "had". Truly believed he was busy. But when I stopped reaching out to him he'd always text me a lot and explain and justify how awful was that we couldn't meet and how we'd meet the next couple of days. So I left the baton to him and told him to tell me when he had time and I'd try and meet him...the thing is he never quite did for a couple of weeks. :confused:

So after dealing with all that through a month and a half I grew tired and drunkenly texted him saying that I understood he had been busy, but I was tired of trying to meet him so I hoped he'd meet someone he felt more comfortable with and good luck with his new job that started in a few weeks. I was so very drunk when I sent it :confused: He answered in the morning saying it felt like a goodbye message and how he felt we weren't in the same page. I answered I was drunk and that I got we never really defined what we were doing, to me it was just friends fooling around or smething like that; however, I explained him I wrote that text because I wanted to try meeting other people and I like to tie up loose ends, and as he knew by now, I only date/meet/fool around with 1 person at a time. Next few weeks he texted me batsh*t-crazy and asked about me and how I was feeling and all that. "let's meet this week" he said...BS as always it was:***::tantrum:. So he started his new job travelling around countries but he firmly said how we'd definitely meet in 2 weeks when he returns:eusa_liar...:lol::dry::eusa_naug Closet case end.

So, what kind of experiences have you guys had? How do you feel about it?:icon_bigg

#1 dapulu, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, if I was so lucky to find a guy who liked me back, yet was still in the closet, I wouldn't really care. That and the fact that if we were in public, we'd look like a straight couple. But even if we didn't, I don't mind laying off on the affection if he (they?) said it was uncomfortable.

I get that a lot of people prefer an open relationship, though. Less hiding, I guess. I'm sure a lot of us are tired of hiding.

Sorry to hear about that traveler guy, though. (*hug*) Take care, dude. :slight_smile:

3. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My current (and first ever) boyfriend is still in the closet. To be fair I'm pretty much in the closet too. We're both out to my parents, my brothers and a friend. I am ready to come out to everyone though and I plan on doing that soon. We've discussed this whole coming out thing before and he's said he he isn't ready which I respect. We also fought quite a lot about this before but it's pretty much resolved now. I think we were both coming to terms with not being straight as well as getting used to being in a relationship which was quite a lot to deal with at the same time.

Most of the time I don't care that he's not out. Sometimes it's annoying though like if I want to hold his hand in public or simply talk to someone about my boyfriend and I can't do that. However mostly I don't care. I love him and he loves me and we're happy together and that's what matters to me the most. I mean to be out as a couple would be nice but it's not something I need in order to be happy with my boyfriend.