1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling like I have no one.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PrinceFabulous, Aug 18, 2014.

1. When I go to school, I really don't have friends, I'm just "That one gay kid" or "The Third Wheel Friend" lately. Then, the guys who have egos the size of small planets decide to boost them by calling me "faggot". I've honestly been talking to friends before just to have someone burst in the conversation by saying, "Shut up, faggot." Then, they all call me weird, behind my back and to my face. Someone once said they wanted to be friends only for a girl to tell them, "Don't. He's really weird." People tell me to shut up a lot, and no matter what I do, I just can't seem to get them to stop. So this year I kinda stuck to myself. I didn't talk to anyone. A few people started being kind of nice to me, but I think it was more out of pity than actual interest in me. Then I go home and... My family is constantly pointing out my wrongs, and saying rude things. Other parts of my family I'm just completely distanced from. I know I'm young and all, but... If I can't even make simple friends now, how will I ever get a boyfriend? People are telling me college works wonders for people like me, but... Sometimes I'm not sure it's going to get better...

2. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The people around you suck. Are you sure you'd even want to be friends with them? They seem judgmental and rude. If and when you do get a boyfriend, would you want him to be like that? And please don't feel like you don't have anyone, everyone here on EC is here to support you. You can PM me if you need to talk, and there's always someone around here. Like I said, I doubt the people in your area can be that nice if they're blatantly bullying you. Could you go to a teacher or counsellor about the teasing? I think when you get to college the people around you will be a) more mature and b) nicer in general.

3. Ryujin

^^^

Message me anytime if you have any issues you think I could help with. I never went through what you are going through, but I understand that it can't be nice at all. I really reccomend seeing if you can get a GSA set up as I'm sure there are more people like you but they're just not brave enough to come out.
    Also, speak to your friends, ask them to help you put and defend you, make sure that if anyone calls you a faggots or any other horrible word, you make sure that you tell them about how it is natural in most species on earth and, something I saw in someone's signature:homosexiality is no longer considered a mental illness, you know what hating gay people is called? Homophobia, a phobia, a mental disorder, so really, you're more normal than them.

4. Thank you guys for the support... It made me feel a bit better, and I really appreciate it.

5. Ryujin

Anytime! I hope EC will be able to support you through any difficulties you might have.

6. mangotree

One day I hope you'll realise that your weirdnesses are your greatest attributes (just look at Lady Gaga).

The things that are different about you are the things that people will notice about you and they'll actually help you to find a boyfriend.

There are people out there that like you for you, they just haven't had the privilege of meeting you yet.

7. Ryujin

^^^
    100% agree. Your weirdness is what defines you. I mean, have you seen my comments about triangles with three right-angles?
    Embrace your weirdness and don't let anyone mock you for being who you are.

8. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's important not to let them hurt you. I know it is hard and tiring to be laughed at every day, but you must realize that these people simply aren't worth the trouble. They will grow up one day - until then, just don't be friends with them.

Be proud of yourself, who you are, and when they make fun of you, show them you don't care. That you are what you are, you can't change it, and it's nothing to be laughed at. When they will get older, they will realize how shit they have been, trust me.

Have you got any hobbies? I am sure if you spent time with other people, doing things you like, you would find friends there :slight_smile:

9. NDark

When people call me weird, I take it as a compliment. I've rounded up as many weirdos as I can in my school and forcefully befriended them. One of the best ways to combat people teasing you is to laugh along and make jokes about yourself. Seriously, after someone calls you a faggot, call yourself a poof. Seriously, poof? Apparently, that's another word for gays. I find teasing and offensive words to be hilarious. Sometimes, I'M the one who starts the teasing about myself. Such as, "Does this shirt make me look gay?"
    People will eventually lose interest in teasing you, and you may feel alone because it feels like you're the only one. However, put some new batteries in your gaydar and try talking to people who ping it. You never know, you may find a boyfriend before college yet.

10. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Weird is fantastic!!

And, yes, things will really change for the better when you get to college or university !!!

11. Incognito10

First off, *hugs*

Now, please learn to embrace your "weirdness" as it will be truly miserable if you try to change yourself just to please others. I think you realize this the older you get, but if you're able to understand it while still in school, it will probably be helpful.

Also, is there anyone peers or friends you have at school or do you feel you get treated poorly by everyone? If there are people who do not treat you poorly, definitely only focus on them.

I was extremely shy and failed to socialize in school and being gay was a deep dark secret of mine. Of course, if I had it all to do over again or could go back knowing what I know now, it would be completely different.