1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom Wants Me to be Femme

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PurpleGrey, Aug 19, 2014.

1. PurpleGrey

So, I'm going clothes shopping with my mother this past weekend, and since she's footing the bill, she gets veto power. I get veto power, too, but I can't overrule her veto. Wanna know the rules? No green, no brown, and nothing manly. But when the household is strapped for cash, that leaves very little to choose from.

I don't like the clothes that are in fashion these days. I think they're stupid and skimpy. It was like a sea of crop-tops and daisy dukes, mullets in the form of tank tops and skirts and tank top dresses. (P.S. the little girls' clothes where just as slutty. Why are children dressing like a bunch of hussies?) Naturally, I only wound up with a few garments, including undergarments.

I almost lost out on a good Marilyn Monroe shirt, one with the infamous subway grate, because mom thought it was too manly. Luckily, she just saw one in the wrong size, so she saw it wasn't so "bad".

When she saw how few shirts I was willing to wear from the women's clothes, she gave in and let me get just one men's shirt. The whole time we were trying to pick out clothes, I just felt like she was trying to prevent me from dressing "like a dyke". She refuses to get it through her head that I won't wear dresses or frills or any other girly things. I want to wear baggy jeans and old t-shirts and boxers.

Every time I dress as a stud like I want to, my folks tell me I look homeless. I don't see it. A regular old t-shirt and jeans isn't looking homeless! It's normal! They tell me they want me to fit in. But lots of people dress the way I do. Girls dress the way I do.

Urgh. I just wish my folks would accept how I dress, and that it's not so crazy as they think!

2. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom and I have very different sense of fashion even though we both like very fem stuff we tend to gravitate towards different stuff. And my mom is always trying to get me to wear stuff that is more her style. And I am always saying NO. I think moms are just like this. They want to bond with their daughters and sometimes they try to bond through (gulp) fashion. And it may be that she really is trying to get you to dress more fem. But just have an honest talk with her and tell her your sense of fashion is how you express yourself and that you like it and aren't going to change it. Eventually she will get the hint that she can't change you.

3. PurpleGrey

Tried that. No luck. Most likely because I can't articulate good. It's very difficult to get her to see things the way I do.

4. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe you could strike a deal with your folks, do some extra chores for some cash, and then you get absolute power over what you buy with your own money muahaha. But look I empathize with you, I can remember what it was like, living with my parents, it wasn't easy. They do care, but they don't always understand. And in this case, they clearly don't understand.

5. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Refuse to go shopping for any more clothes and tell your mother why you are doing so.

Thats what I'd do.

6. Yosia

My mum used to refuse to buy me unisex clothes which looked to femme but now shes gave up and i have a few items from the girls shops too.