1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl flirting?????

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wolf123, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I swear this girl is flirting with me. She will joke around with me. She has mentioned kissing me. When we hang out with a group she will see my hair in my face and move it back over my ears. Hell, she has even danced all over me. Thing is I don't understand what her intentions are because she has a boyfriend-she is bi. I feel at times she is even flirting with me over text. I am just curious if its pretty easy to notice when a girl is flirting with you? In the beginning of the friendship she mentioned how she wanted to know everything about me and well I shrugged it off because I wasn't looking for anyone since I just went through something. Anyways, is she doing this because she knows she can't just have me like others? I don't intend to be her toy; just her friend especially since she is in a relationship. Any ways any thoughts????

2. rockky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If she were to break up with said boyfriend, would you be interested?

3. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have feelings for her, but I keep that to myself.

4. Silver Sparrow

It definitely seems like she is flirting with you. I think the best option is usually open communication, if you are comfortable with that.

5. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In a way, I would like to actually get to know her. I have tried, but I don't want to get hurt.

6. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She just drunk texted me.

7. rockky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think i'm in a very similar situation. The advice i got was to just be a friend and flirt innocently back. Things will come naturally if they're suppose to.

8. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yea, I am trying to be her friend. Thing is for example, she texted me drunk (I believe) saying that I could ask her anything about herself; adding that I will find out the truth since (her words) alcohol is a truth serum. I kind of felt awkward so I just sort of let it go and then she was like do you have any questions for me? I just stopped because I would like to talk to someone when they are sober. I also think she doesn't like that I am not one of those girls who will just make out with her. She has also tried to pull the "you won't touch me anyways type of thing." She expects me to just jump her, but really I can't just do that; especially since she is in a relationship and also because I think its disrespectful.

9. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have you talked a bit about her view on her relationship ?

10. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    With her boyfriend? I did make an observation and tell her I believe she cares about him. She said she does. I think she likes the fact that he gives her freedom to do whatever she pleases and he pays for everything she wants. Besides that I don't know.

---------- Post added 22nd Aug 2014 at 09:36 AM ----------

I just don't understand what she meant by the whole asking her anything? I have questions, but I don't think I would address them with her through text and especially when she has been drinking. I asked her what she meant and she said never mind and then texted me later and said any questions?

11. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Tough cookie...

Boyfriend sounds like he solves most of their relationship problems with monies instead of attention. Hard to say, don't know them. The way she said that about her BF looks to me like she doesn't truly respect him as she just downplayed him in front of you. She's definitely interested though...

I would just ask her questions. Also, if a girl wants to talk to you and she's drinking, that means she wants to talk and have fun with you. She's drinking with people sure, but you are on her mind....

So.... Don't get all white knight on her. It's okay to talk to people if they are drunk - it's also more fun. If you feel bad about it, start drinking too. It sounds like she is just blatantly trying to get you to act on her.

I'd run a proximity test. IE: Play the see how close you can get doing anything and everything before the moment of recoil happens. This can get fun when innocently flirting back.

Be careful though... You're playing with fire. I've broken up a couple before, but I then spent 2 years with that girl and dated her years later as an adult. I felt no remorse either, I was clearly the better choice, so if you want it and you think you are better for her... Dadada....

12. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get very nervous which causes me to go blank so that is tough. Plus, I don't know how to bring that up in the conversation. I feel in a way I am afraid to know the answer to the questions I have.

13. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I mentioned how she may not know what she is doing when she drinks and she says she always does. She says it lowers her inhibitions so that she isn't scared. My question is why is she being flirtatious and such if she wants to be friends? She has said that I am afraid to lose control of myself which is why I don't drink and such. Partially true, but my issue is she is in a relationship, it is very difficult to control myself around her at times because my body says yes, my fears say no-but I always listen to my fear. She also said she likes to know intimate details about people she knows and has said I need to give someone a chance to get to know me for selfless reasons. I started getting nervous because I was thinking about her when she said that. Then I said I no longer wanted to talk about it which then she said that she wasn't specifically talking about herself. I don't know her feelings. I know mine and they scare me.

#13 Wolf123, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  14. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She sounds like she likes you. I have been in similar situation with my best friend of last year. This girl was in a relationship but she would constantly flirt with me and tell me she wanted me, but because she wasn't going to cheat, it was like she had the security blanket of being able to flirt without having to follow through. After her girlfriend broke up with her, I made a move on her and she deflected it saying it would weird out our friendship. She has this thing where she doesn't like getting too close to people and feeling things, so she detaches. We are friends still and we both still like each other but who knows what will happen.

I would definitely keep my eye on this girl if you like her. But also make it clear you don't want to be tagged along if she isn't going to follow through. Trust me, it's not worth the frustration and disappointment

15. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am really scared to let her in. She says that she wants to know deep stuff, but why? Does she want me to tell her how much I care for her? How my world lights up when she is in the room. I get really shy, but I have a difficult time when it comes to not staring at her and of course I look away before she sees. I am just really scared because I want to tell her all this stuff, but I am soooooo scared.