1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she in denial? How to deal ? help please..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lezbhonest, Aug 24, 2014.

1. lezbhonest

hi. There is this girl who i have been hooking up with for quite some time now, ... ( and she made pretty much all of the moves on me) and she has refused to say she is anything but straight ( which is fine by me if she isnt comfortable admitting it). THe main reason i think we became friends and she wanted to become so close to me was bc i told her ive been with guys and girls, then admitted i am a lesbian, and ever since then things took off for the past 8 months. We have been making out hardcore, sleeping(just sleeping) and cuddling together, etc. After we would wakeup and have some deep convos she would say like " ur right we are all just human" etc etc. And when drunk screamed "Woo LGBT" " WOOHOO LGBT".... then other times says "IM CONFUSED/// but no im so straight I am SO comfortable with who i am....but IM CONFUSED BC ive never done what we do with another girl before...!" etc. She gets openly jealous when other people hit on me, etc and it is so clear there are feeelings there on both of our ends AND she told me " even if i ever have a boyfriend, i still want THIS, i cant ever give this up" ( as we r making out)..... however last october she started being distant and told me shes feeling guilty about "things"..using tons of defense mechanisms and projecting her gay thoughts onto other ppl calling them gay ( when they arent)... She has been distant and "seeking the Lord"... well then things really exploded she basically freaked out one night, but yah she said like " I KNOW YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR ME I AM NOT AN UNDERCOVER LESBIAN I AM SO CONFIDENT WITH WHO I AM ETC ETC" , then she said how Shes so confused and shes never had what we have with another girl b4. My gay friend told me she told him after a night of making out with me she said " Fuck im a lesbian..." and how she needed to stop drinking bc it made her want to kiss me and never stop. She then stopped drinking alcohol...Ok well this was last october, then she continued to avoid me like the plague until june (like 7 months) when she said we should talk. SHe told me her mom is super homophobic, but that she is still STRAIGHT. lol. ok... Then the following week she texted me at 2 am that she was gonna have her 1st beer in months and i should come over! soo i ended up going there and we ended up flirting and cuddling , holding hands and i slept there.
    We left for summer and continued to text and snapchat :slight_smile:

Ok well now it is august and we r back at school and the other night she tells me she has a boyfriend, so obviously i was pissed. Well she said we should still meetup out at the bars. so later that night she kept texting me, me and my friend metup with them and when her boyfriend wasnt looking we held hands under the table, then she says that we should go back to my apartment. The whole group of ppl came, and she literally had NOTHING to do with her boyfriend. her boyfriend was talking to my friend the whole time. She was all talking to me ( it was dark so he couldt see or hear what she was saying) and she basically goes " U KNOW ur always gonna be MY GIRL, what i have with him will never compare to u, and u know that... " ok well then he pulled her aside and then said he was gonna head out, so literally he left, and she said she wanted to stay here. Then he leaves, and literally we madeout the whole rest of the night. it was heaven on earth. she told me she loves me and i said it back. she had left at one point, then came back to my apartment banging on the door looking for me and that she needed to be with me. she was crying and i wiped her tears. and we continued to hold hands and makeout and yea lol, i got her a taxi at 7am and she leaned in to kiss me b4 she left and we madeout more.
    Lollll soooo..... the day after she texted me and things were still great. but now it is 2 days later and i texted her asking what she was doing tonight, she read the message and never replied. Now she is avoiding me again or being cold... so WHAT DO I DO?? Why is she ACTING LIKE THIS? it is so clear she is so into me, everyone tellls me. right? what is your advice on how to deal with somebody who is in such deep denial and using so many defense mechanisms?? ( and do you think that is the case here?)... and did you or anyone you know ever act like this?? What do i do about the boyfriend? she cheats with me on the downlow apparently. and i know this girl is gay but refuses to accept it! im so in love with this girl and im feeling so depressed now. thanks. :kiss:

#1 lezbhonest, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  2. lezbhonest

any thoughts? Please

3. lovely lesbian

Sounds like she does like you but sounds like she in denial

4. FortunateSally

It's called internalized homophobia and many (especially here) have struggled with it. Taking on that label means having to deal with a lot of things in your head that says there's something wrong with it. For me personally, it was the masculinity of some lesbians (which of course I assumed was ALL) that scared me off from calling myself one. Sometimes if you're told you're entire life that your attractiveness depends on the male gaze, rejecting that can be harder than one might think. And then all the BS that comes with the territory... realizing some day you might have to "come out" to people etc. people come with baggage, it's up to you to decide if you want to continue taking it on or not.

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She sounds like she is most definitely in denial about her feelings for you. She figures if she gives you the cold shoulder that perhaps her feelings for you will disappear somehow, which in actuality will only make them even stronger.

I think you should just give her time and space, because realizing that you like the same sex can be scary for some people. I know I was so terrified once I discovered that I liked women, so I hid my feelings for a really long time. Although, I will admit that I started talking to this girl and well, I think I broke her heart because I was so unsure of my feelings. I mean, I knew how I felt about women, I just didn't want to deal with it.

So, I am guessing that she's probably dealing with a lot crazy emotions at the moment. But I am sure that she will come around eventually because it does seem like she really cares about you. In the mean time, try to take your mind off of her by going out and having fun.

#5 pinklov3ly, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  6. lezbhonest

thank you so much for the advice!... I actuallly woke up to a text from her today!.. buess she couldnt avoid me for that long! lol... Ugh but im sick of dealing with this denial :frowning2:....