1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Parents are ruining me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bornthiswaybby, Aug 24, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

Parents are supposed to accept you.

Mine continuously make me feel like a freak and put me down and make me feel horrible.

Life is no longer enjoyable and seems to lack a point or meaning.

Being told that you're an embarrassment and a fuck up can really mess with your mind and I'm not sure what to do.

I'm breaking. People constantly tell me to wait one more year until I can move out but I won't last that long. I'm surprised I've made it this far. I feel hopeless and helpless.

I've never felt this low.

2. Ryujin

Try to find some support groups nearby who might be able to help you out. If you live in the UK then you can call Childline and they might be able to help you out.
    I'm sorry if your parents are so horrible to you, but could you maybe ask them why they treat you that way?

3. Litveninko

welcome on board brother, same here really, but we need to be strong, to show them that we are accepting ourselves. And if they are saying youre freak and source of embrrasent to them, they deserve a fuckin dick in their eyes :confused:. Anyway, you can get a job, if you haven't already and rent some house untill you move away.

4. purgatory

even though you've heard it before hang in there and know that whatever they say can't take any happiness away from you and the possibilities of your future if you don't let them. I've felt same as you these past few years with my own unaccepting parents and constantly feel like "when does it get better?!!". right now, I still have no answer to that question even for you. but know that there's support out there for ya and to listen to your heart about what's good for you

5. naive12

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think you should ask them to join a support group for parents. That might make them think differently. Don't take any rash decisions, they're your parents and they love you. Its normal for them to have a hard time when it comes to something like this. Every person reacts in a different way. I know this won't be the advice you're looking for but no harm in trying it. You get to have good relations with your parents if this works.

6. Minnie

Even though they're your parents, you don't deserve to be told by them that you're a freak or a fuck-up. If they're ruining your life with this, I think you should see if any other family members would let you stay with them until you can move out. Otherwise, try and contact a support group. I don't know if social services would be of any help but there must be some sort of government initiative to help people facing intra-family homophobia.

7. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't listen to ur parents and do not commit suicide ur too precious to throw ur life away . Ignore ur parents and search for a support system :slight_smile: and live ur life with happiness

8. mangotree

Adults can be so dumb.
    I'm sorry this is happening to you.

There are people out there that will love you and embrace and encourage the things that make you different and unique. As others have said, try to find those people.

9. Candace

I'm so sorry that this happens to you. It really shouldn't, otherwise your parents are just plain abhorrent. Do you have any best/close friends with whom you could confide in (granted that they don't know already/do they?) Find a support group. Also, you're 17. I'm going to assume that you're in the States. If you are, come your 18th birthday, your parents are no longer obligated to take care of you. At the same time, you are not forced to be there. Some time away from them may make them come to their senses. That's what I hope for because I really empathize with your situation and I wish I could say some magic words to make everything better. (*hug*) :slight_smile: