1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wtf?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Young Blood, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I attempted to have another conversation with my stepmom this morning and she told me that it's not normal to be bisexual. Telling me that she's studied this shit and that it's all due to my traumatic childhood and chemical imbalances in my brain. She said that a woman is supposed to be with a man because that's how God made me. That's what's normal. Fuck off!! She still doesn't believe I'm bisexual and thinks I'm a full out lesbian. I'm not even going to try and talk to her anymore, I am so done!! She's pissed me off so much! I need to get out of that house!!!!

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would be upset too, I don't know why people have trouble getting bisexuality, seems like people , I bet she looked up studies that said homosexuality is wrong and nothing about bisexuality.

3. Minnie

What about your dad? What does he think about what she's been saying?

4. Jenna0780

A few teensy weensy questions might arise from her rebuttal...

1. When did she study it? And... why? (maybe she's been curious herself, teehee)
    2. If she's only recently "studied" it, how long did she do so for? Surely a couple days research can't possible lead to any reputably extensive knowledge on any subject.
    3. How come straight women who have had a traumatic childhood are still straight?
    4. God must've made you bisexual, so what's the problem again???

I've had this discussions many times with own mother. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. You have my deepest sympathies. Unfortunately, she probably won't accept any answer other than "You're right, I'm wrong." People don't usually change their minds about things like this. Especially if they believe that they know more about it than you. (*hug*)

5. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad isn't around anymore...it's just my brothers, me, and my stepmom.

---------- Post added 26th Aug 2014 at 08:14 AM ----------

1. I'm not sure. She's in nursing, so maybe it's a course she had to take or something. She said that she's been around people who have experimented and stuff and had girls hit on her and she said she doesn't like it and it's not for her. So I don't think she's really been curious.
    2. Like I said, it may have been a course she did a while ago, which explains her complete lack of knowledge on the subject. I don't think she realizes that homosexuality is more socially accepted nowadays than it was when she was younger...
    3. That's what I was trying to say! But she wouldn't listen to me. She thinks I don't know anything. I think she's trying to convince me that I'm just confused and that it's a phase.
    4. There's no way she'll accept that argument, so I'm not even gonna try...

Yeah she definitely thinks she knows more...thank you so much though for sharing (*hug*) I have to see what I'm going to do -_-

6. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just ignore her. She's an ignorant prick. Screw all that religious bigotry shit. Those people are mindless idiots for believing everything their religious leaders tell them. Not to offend anyone who is religious; you need to question things before you draw a hasty conclusion as your step mom did.