1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unreasonable Parent

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HBI, Aug 26, 2014.

1. HBI

HBI

Advice is much appreciated. My mom has always been overprotective to the point of it being unreasonable and unhealthy. I've been talking to her for months about leaving the country to visit my girlfriend. I am well into my adulthood, and she even got a miles card so that when I booked my trip, I could earn points.
    I called the travel agent tonight and asked if they would hold the seat until tomorrow. They weren't able to so I asked her get the card for me. I didn't tell her why I wanted the card. When I was done booking I told her and she flew into a rage. She called me a sneak, untrustworthy, and all sorts of other names. She said we were through and she hopes this girl is worth. I live with my mom. I'm her caregiver, and I'm completely blown away by her reaction. Anyone know what's going on, or how to deal with it. She stays angry and holds grudges, and is passive aggressive.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She sounds like my mom the only advice i can think of that everyone on here is telling me is to leave and get out as fast as you can . I know it's not easy when you have abusive parents but it's best to plan your escape .

3. nrazor

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)That's awful, I'm sorry you have to go through that. I think the best thing to do is be patient with her.

4. My mother is also very passive aggressive. She does not want me to grow up. I will be 18 in 14 months but since I'm still living in their house I have to follow their rules. I don't mind following rules but, when the rules are that I can't go to another lesbians house, I have to tell my mother how many gay people are going to be at the party I'm going to, I can't leave the house if my parents aren't home, etcetera, then I'd rather just struggle financially and leave immediately.