1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not to be a baby, but...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Minionluvsu, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Minionluvsu

Alright, my mom and I have always been super close. I've always told her everything, and she's always had my back. But... She's EXTREMELY religious, and her view on homosexuality is that it's against our faith (Or hers. That's a conversation for another day). I know there are several arguments to combat that. But it's EATING ME ALIVE that I can't talk to her about being lesbian/bi/whatever the heck I am. Even when I was dealing depression and self-harm and an eating disorder, I told her about it.

But the sheer weight of my choice/sexuality/gender identity is beginning to hit me. I really really want to talk to my mom about it, but I know I'm not ready to come out. If I came out now it would probably go the same way it did when she found out about.... a different part of my sexuality (Again, different story for a different day). I know I need to be independent or pretty close to it before I can open up to her about it, but... I want my mom. :bang: Any ideas how to cope with this? I'm in counseling because of the fore-mentioned eating disorder and self-harm and my counselor knows and is helping me sort through it all. I just... yeah. :/ sorry if this doesn't make any sense, but I just don't know how to deal with not being able to tell my mom and the whole feeling distant. I've never been distant from her really. Any advice is welcome here. :confused:

2. JamesDE

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's a really tough one, but if you are really as close as you say you are I'm sure that she will find some way to accept you. Maybe you should try taking her to an LGBT christian organisation so that she can meet people in similar situations?